Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make monsoon sys sound good

any ideas?

i have that prob of the monsoon sounding like pure crap when you turn the bass all the way up and a bassy song up pretty high on the volume. the speakers thump, not a good thump though, like a "i can't take the wattage thump" but i don't know if that's the problem. anyway, to fix this and make everything sound worthwile....any controls on the amp itself to turn down/up bass and such?
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

i'm looking into this myself.

Crutchfield.com is the place i'm looking right now. Nothing really withh the stock monsoon system itself, but just adding on a amp and a sub. Right now i'm looking at a GBL GTS180x amp (79.99) (id on crutchfield is #109GTS180X)

and a
    MTX Thunder 4000 T412A (id on crutchfield is #236T410A) 1 12" woofer

check them out and tell me what you think.

the 'budget system..'

Comment

Only way to make the monsoon system sound better is.....replace it! Belive me, even changing just the regular speakers to componet speakers will make a big difference, even without after market Subs. In my firebird I replaced my four speakers and it was so much better then stock and was worth the money, but best thing to do is add the big subs, they'll make the system sound more crisp even if you don't listen to your music all that loud. To me, they help soften the sound at low levels.
      Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

You want to make the Monsoon sound better, then you better be ready to spend some money. The only way is to get rid of it all and buy quality equipment. If you modify the stock system, you unbalance it and it will sound "funny."
        <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X