drivers side foglight keeps burning out - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drivers side foglight keeps burning out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drivers side foglight keeps burning out

my drivers side foglight keeps burning out after I got in the wreck. the body shop replaced the thing, and i've had to take it back to them multiple times because the foglight keeps burning out (among other things they did a ****ty job on..).

anyone got any ideas?

You keep touching the glass with your fingers! The grease from your hands get onto the bulb and the bulb burns the grease and causes the bubl to blow.

Comment

also check the housing. on my 93, my housing was real loose where the bulb connected so whenever i hit a bump or pot hole, my bulb would move and break the filament inside. i was dumbfounded for a bit till i was driving and they were reflecting on the car in front of me. i hit a bump and [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] light went out. also maybe check the fuses??
      98 Camaro V6

Comment

Go for the housing, if there is a crack in it or any way to let more air or H20 in there, she will blow with ease. I had a crack in my housing/casing and I replaced the bulb twice due to ignorance, then I said fugg it and bought aftermarket HID's, they are much better and they have a longer shelf life.
        -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

Make sure that you're not touching the bulb when you're installing it. Wear clean rubber gloves when you re-install it.
          <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MTMike:
            Make sure that you're not touching the bulb when you're installing it. Wear clean rubber gloves when you re-install it.<hr></blockquote>

Basically what I just said [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks guys [img]smile.gif[/img]
              you think the dealership could get it right after 3 tries huh? obviously not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X