My amp is making my speaker bump when its not suposed to.. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My amp is making my speaker bump when its not suposed to..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My amp is making my speaker bump when its not suposed to..

When I play my music my speaker bumps when it is not suposed to. its like it is surging. Any way to make it stop or how to fix it?

Jack

check your ground
    1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

I have it grounded to the chassis. i think i even sanded it down before i screwed it down. what should i look for on the ground?

Comment

check all wiring around the amp. make sure none of them have been rubbing against somthing or being pinched. Also make sure the amp its self isnt touhing metal (where you scew it down).
        White 1998 Firebird M5, Suncoast WS6 hood, Chrome 18\" C5\'s, beaver tail wing, 2 15\" Kicker Comp VR\'s, ect.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 2001camconvert:
          i think i even sanded it down before i screwed it down. <hr></blockquote>

You should KNOW that. That's a must when grounding a piece of audio gear. The area should be free of paint and dirt. You want metal to metal contact.
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

Check your RCA inputs on the amp, and on the deck for that matter. Thump on them to see if that makes it happen. You might be losing contact with it intermittently causing a bump from time to time.

You can also try simply unplugging the RCAs completely, then driving around, if you hear it, it's going to be amp related, if you don't hear it while it's unplugged, it's signal related. Just to be sure, you might want to plug in a muting RCA jack. (it has the outer piece in direct connection with the inner piece)
            Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X