replacing the alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing the alternator

What do you all think about getting a 160 amp alternator to run my 1000.2 it take a 100 amp fuse. I have got tired of buying caps. They work for about 6 months and then they don't hold a charge anymore. I'm also running a 700 watt alpine to my fronts and rears so that takes another 40 amp fuse. and my old 100 amp alternator just isn't cutting it for me. Let me know what you think.
    Chad

I had the stock 105amp alt for two years. I was running a bd1000a1 (90amp max) and a 800a4 (60amp max). I had some head light dimming, so I bought two 1 farad caps. Cleared the dimming right up and has been running perfectly for 2 years. Now I have a H/O alt. made by dominick. ( dominick@tds.net ) It's VERY easy to replace. Make sure your new alt. is high output AT IDLE. I once bought an alt. that claimed 180amps. Which it did...... at 4k RPM's!!! At idle it only output about 10-15amps...... much worse then the stock one. Needless to say I ripped that b!tch right out and put the stock one back in. But it's all good now that I have dom's alt.!!! :D I can't remember the specs off hand, but it's like 180amps at idle and 250max. All for $250... I think. Haven't tested it yet, but I can tell it's much better then that other POS I had. E-mail dom! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X