Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Rattles

Alright...

Installed new system about a week ago.. and it makes my dash and the cover on the inside of the hatch rattle like hell. Does anyone know how to insulate the dash and the hatch. Or just let me know what you guys did to stop all of the rattles.
    2000 Camaro Z/28

My car did the same thing, what I did was bought some mcmaster fake dynamat (looks, feels, and is just as heavy as the real stuff, just no dynamat stamped on it) and did 3 layers to the whole back of the trunk. Stopped most of the rattling. I last weekend did the rear speakers and built baffles and now they are so loud I need to turn them down on my amps. It was amazing what 2 layers of this stuff did in the rear sail pannels. This weekend is the doors, then the kick's and front of car.

I would buy some of this stuff or if you got more money buy dynamat and place it in the area's of rattling. Putting giant strips may fix it, or even just little strips on the pieces that are vibrating.

I also got 2 12"s and boy don't they pound. I might just try 1 12" and see how that sounds since I might want to do some minor weight reduction.

Chris

Comment

Minor weight reduc? Take off all that damn dynawannabe mat.

Forget that crap. Dynamat is for serious audiophiles who don't want road noise. Find out exactly where the rattles are coming from and put some one sided(one sticky sided) foam tape where they are coming from.

I don't have this problem but some people say their third brake light wire rattles real bad. Seems to happen more on Camaro's though. You can pry the panel on the underside of the hatch off, just be careful.

Comment

Hey,

the dash is so damned long.. it's not the vinyl portion.. it's that hard plastic piece that's right near the windshield. Is there anyway to remove that and put the double-sided tape under there?
        2000 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X