which amp for components?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which amp for components?

I have 6.5" MB Quart components up fron and I'm planning on getting some three ways for the rear and I was wondering what amp would be the best to push all 6 speakers (4 channel). oh, The components are rated from 60-130 watts. Thanx.

Putting triaxials in the rear is just about the absolute worst thing you can do. If you are going to run anything in the rear it should be a pair of mid-basses and no more than that.

As far as an amp goes, I don't see how you can go wrong with a JBL 80.4. You should be able to get the thing shipped to your door for under $150, and then you can give 80 watts to each speaker. Or, when you realize that triax's in the back really screw up the sound, you can bridge the amp and give your comp set 160 per side.

Comment

why would they mess up the sound? If I put mid-bases back there than I wont have any highs.

Comment

High frequencies are very directional. You will easily be able to pinpoint where the music is coming from. Which will be the rear. You will still have highs. You have a component set right? Build a solid front stage and compliment it with a little rear FILL. If you can actually "hear" the sound from the rear, then it's too much.
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

So I will have 2 1" tweeters and 4 6.75" mid-bases, and that will be enough. Well you do know alot more than I do about car audio so thats what I'll do then. Thanx!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X