Speakers won't Fit!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers won't Fit!!!

Hey guys I just purchased a pair of Kicker K65 speakers a couple of days ago. Thing is when I went to go get them installed, the guys at stereo shop said they're too deep and won't fit. I purchased them thinking they would fit though, is there anyway to make them fit or should I just return them. My friend with a civic said he had a similar problem with his Infinity speakers and just had to cut the plastic?? Thanks for the help
    99 Green Firebird M5<br />SLP Ram Air Hood<br />16\" Cragar SS Chrome Wheels<br />225/50HR16 Kumho Ecsta<br />SLP CAI, Whisper Lid, K&N Filter<br />Flowmaster 40 Series w/3\" dual chrome tips, 2.5\" cutout,3\" cat converter

are they for the rears or fronts?

Comment

They're for the fronts, I have some polk midrange speakers in the back.
      99 Green Firebird M5<br />SLP Ram Air Hood<br />16\" Cragar SS Chrome Wheels<br />225/50HR16 Kumho Ecsta<br />SLP CAI, Whisper Lid, K&N Filter<br />Flowmaster 40 Series w/3\" dual chrome tips, 2.5\" cutout,3\" cat converter

Comment

dont think there is any way to make them fit, there is not much room to work with..
        1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

that is to say if they are too deep. If they just wont fit diameter wise, there are always adapters...
          1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

for me i didnt use the plastic holder i have mine mounted to the out side of the door, not a good idea if you have manual windows tho. trust me i have manual windows lol, my doors rattle bad so imma have to go get a new plastic inner thing and fix it right, But you can use the little metal brackets on the holes where the plastic grill used to be and it will fit like that, currently thats how i have mine
            91 Eagle Talon Awd Turbo 5 speed FOR SALE 6000$<br />Looking for a Fiero GT<br /><a href=\"http://www.swdsm.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.swdsm.net</a>

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, guess I'll be getting some other speakers and returning these.

Comment

take them back...it is not worth cutting your car up to get them in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X