8 speakers on the monsoon sound system? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 speakers on the monsoon sound system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 speakers on the monsoon sound system?

i have a 2002 35th anniversary camaro and it came with the upgraded monsoon stereo system. it says that it has 8 speakers but i can only see 6. is it me or does it only have six speakers. i apologize if this seems like a stupid post, but i checked message boards and didnt' see anything that helped me out.

2002 35th anniversary A4 camaro
    t-tops
    magnaflow exhaust
    k&n filter
    black indention letters
    \"Me I always tell the truth, even when I lie\"<br /> -Tony Montana<br />2002 35th Anniversary Silver Camaro (SOLD)<br />2000 GMC Sierra 4x4

2 in front, 2 in sail panels and 2 on each side of the far back.

Comment

i know there are 2 in the front 2 in the middle and 2 in the far back but why does it say it has 8 speakers if there are only 6 speakers
      \"Me I always tell the truth, even when I lie\"<br /> -Tony Montana<br />2002 35th Anniversary Silver Camaro (SOLD)<br />2000 GMC Sierra 4x4

Comment

They count any tweeters in the system as seperate speakers because each individual driver in the system has it's own channel from the amp or head unit. If you take off the covers on your rear speakers, you should find a tweeter in there along with a 4" midrange.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/byoonull\" target=\"_blank\">My Old Car - 2000 Silver V6 Bird</a><br /><br />The replacement-<br />94 Firebird Formula - 383, TH400, and a big blower<br /> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/fastblackcar94\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/fastblackcar94</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chemten10:
          2 in front, 2 in sail panels and 2 ON EACH SIDE of the far back.<hr></blockquote>

maybe you did't read what i wrote correctly the first time. so here it is again.

Comment

same here i can only find 6, there are 2 in the door, the mids in the rea seats, there are no tweater attached to them, and two small tweeters in the harch, are we both missing something here? Like 2 speakers.
            2002 Pewter a4 Camaro<br />No Mods as of yet, but this Spring:<br />Wisper Lid<br />Borla Catback<br />Holly Power Shot air Filter<br />Tranns-go shift Kit<br />Alum. or Carbon Fiber drive shaft<br />And may be in the future an LS6

Comment

There are actually 4 in the door. Both under the same "grill"...
              Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
              "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
              http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

The service manual shows two speakers in each dorr, and they are wired seperately. So, 2 in each front door=4, plus 2 sail panel=6, plus 2 hatch=8.
                Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X