• Show
Clear All

• custom project help?

Here is what I am doing.

Materials--

PS ONE a/v LCD Screen
    RCA Jacks
    PS2

OK I need your guys input on how to build an enclosure to mold the PS one LCD screen into the cd holder space in the center console. I can worry about the PS 2 later but. The screen seems like the hard part. In the end I wanna have a screen with an extension from the back of the center console so I can connect a VCR, DVD, or game console to it. It will be powered by the cigerette lighter adapter but hidden in the back. The PS2 is what I will leave in as it has DVD and console [img]smile.gif[/img] I will run the audio through My kenwood input RCA jacks on my head unit. I was looking for something plastic or fiberglass so it will match the console.
    James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

PS2 can play PS1 games, why would you want both? Even though you have the one with the screen, buy a small LCD screen for like $120.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

I am just using the PS1 LCD not the system. I am using just the PS2.
      James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

Comment

I don't know how big the screen is but if it will fit in the cubby hole on the console that would be cool. I have also seen a custome install in the glove box on an fbody. Used fiberglass and covered it in vinyle. Looked good.
        Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

I'm doing something similar, but not going for such a custom finish. I'm putting a 5.6" LCD screen on a swivel arm, probably connected to the center console on the passenger side, so it sticks up slightly to the right of the radio and can swivel whichever direction. Putting a dvd/mp3 player in the dash, probably a backup camera mounted either under the back bumper or near the license plate also. Should have this done soon, once the stuff comes in. I'll put some pics up.

hope that idea helps, lcd's like the one i got come with a stand mount, just need to get a swivel arm from radioshack or somewhere. Doesnt look as cool as a nice molded fiberglass unit, but it does the job, and u can fold it away by the passengers feet so jackers cant see it.

zack

Comment

thanks

Comment

starting to set up the system i posted up above about. Put the 5.6" screen on a black speaker arm from radio shack heres the link for 20 bucks.....comes with pretty much everything u need, then i got a few extra screws to mount a swivel that came with my lcd onto the arm.....right now my lcd can tilt forward/back, pivot left/right, and fold down some to tuck it slightly out of the way. Its pretty big tho lol, so my passengers arent allowed to have knees anymore :\ (its not actually that bad, takes up a little bit of leg room tho)

when i get it all mounted and stuff ill have pics up, might also fabricate some sort of a mounting bracket for it, friend of mine just got a cnc milling machine we're going to mess around with.

zack

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X