power only when the car is off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power only when the car is off

hey. I'm looking for a wire or fuse box location that has power only when the car is turned off. The only one i can think of is the one for the red alarm led in the dash defrost vent. Anyone think of anything else? Maybe a certain wire for the alarm? That dash led wire is hard to get ahold of. I already chopped into it to put a varad led in there, and there isnt really much wire to work with anymore. Let me know if you can help me out.

zack

what are you looking to hook up?
    1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

probably some led's in various places in the car + headlights + wheel wells to flash when my alarm is on. flash pretty 4th gen flash.

led's barely draw any power, and it would keep damn thieves away.

zack

Comment

You can hook up a relay to turn off when the car is powered. To do so you just connect the circuit to the off position and then connect the ignition and ground pins to there respective places.
        <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

simple yet clever.

thats why i asked [img]smile.gif[/img]

lol

thanks

Comment

Just another point of view on this, but I would think to any theif, that much flashing is going to get my attention making me want to know what the hell is in there. Not all theives are stupid, there might be a couple out there who would realize it's simply a few more lights. I have added LEDs on to my alarm. There's one right in side the drivers door window, just another subtle warning that, yes the car is protected. You should be able to set up 5 LEDs on the same output. I'm not sure if you're on a stock alarm or not though and that would make a difference I'm sure.
            Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

good point. Its more to look cool sitting in front of the dorm. the led in the dash is blue anyway, as would the others be. Varard led's dont look like alarm leds......they are #$#$#ing bright...the one in my dash vent makes the whole interior of the car light up.

cool beans

someone actually was startled when they walked past it once lol

Comment

why not just wire in a toggle switch and maintain ultimate control?
                <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

i want it to be something automated, so i dont have to flip a switch every time i get into or get out of the car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X