Speaker Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker Setup

Currently I have my 5 1/4's and 6 1/2's hooked up to a Interfire (IB4900) 900w 4-channel amp (2ohm stable). I have each speaker running to its own channel on the amp.

What ohm am I running at?

What is the optimum way to run these speakers for maximum output and sound quality?

Please let me know.
    [*]<b>Car: </b>1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS<br />[*]<b>Engine: </b> 3.1lt (191ci) V6 - MPFI<br />[*]<b>Stereo: </b> Alpine 7995 H/U | Eclipse 21000 EQ | BOSS IQ 3000w Amp | Crossfire AB 400watt Amp | 3 AudioBahn 12\" D/V Subs | Planet Audio 4x6\'s & 6x9\'s

I am guessing that your speakers are 4 ohm and if you only have one speaker per channel....you are running at 4 ohm. I would not hook it up any other way as you would lose right/left & front/back balance. Depending on your speakers you might blow them out too.
    <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

How did you get 5 1/4 to fit inside of our 6 3/4 openings? Did you just drill new holes?

Comment

Actually it's a 4x6 that goes in the dash, I just put the speaker in the hole and put the dash over it. I didn't bolt them down, there wasn't any need to, the dash and the hole secured the speaker.
        [*]<b>Car: </b>1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS<br />[*]<b>Engine: </b> 3.1lt (191ci) V6 - MPFI<br />[*]<b>Stereo: </b> Alpine 7995 H/U | Eclipse 21000 EQ | BOSS IQ 3000w Amp | Crossfire AB 400watt Amp | 3 AudioBahn 12\" D/V Subs | Planet Audio 4x6\'s & 6x9\'s

Comment

After I posted my coment I seen your sig. I noticed that you have a 91'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DigitalBee:
            What ohm am I running at? <hr></blockquote>

The only real way to tell is to know how the speakers are hooked up and know the specs.

To guess and say 4ohm like that other guy did is cool, because most are 4ohm....but you never know..

Running them at optimum you would again have to know all the specs of your whole setup
            1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X