Question About Bose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Bose

I just bought a 1994 3.4L camaro and it has a bose system in it. The head unit is a Delco/Bose with radio and just tape. There are 4 61/2 speakers two front/ two back, those speakers don't say bose on them though. Then there is a sub in the back that does say delco/bose on it. I wanted to buy the pioneer 6300 HU so I can listen to CD's... I work at Best Buy, so I can get that pretty cheap. However when I went in to talk to the guys about it, they said there isn't anything I can do with a BOSE system in the car. They said there is a possibility that I can put all new speakers in and use a new HU but I'd lose the sub in the back. They also said they could try to integrate the sub into the new system. If that doesn't work, then they'd have to try and do a custom fit sub in the back, blah blah.

All I really want to do is use the pioneer HU, cause its cheap for me and I like the looks of it. I like the sound of the sub in the back and was hoping I could keep that. I have been trying to read up on this issue, and have heard something about a bose adapter i can buy for $50. WHere can I get one of those? and... will I be able to still keep my speakers and sub in the hatch?

I really want to keep everything inexpensive since I just bought the car, and can't afford much. My parents said they would by me the HU for my birthday... any suggestions or know where I can look?
    1994 Camaro 3.4L Auto Maroon<br /><a href=\"http://userpages.umbc.edu/~panic1/pics.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://userpages.umbc.edu/~panic1/pics.htm</a>

First off, welcome to the board!

You have 2 options.

Option 1: There is an adapter kit available to where you can put a new HU into an existing Bose system. I believe it costs around $50. Other board members should know where it can be bought....

Option 2: Rip out all the speakers & sub, and put an entirely aftermarket system into the car.

I went for option 2, myself. It sounds SO much better than that bose ever could have dreamed of.

Good luck!

-Mike
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X