Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box for hard top camaro

Hello
    I have a 94 camaro and i would like to install 2 12 inch subs in the rear compartment. My question is what box would be better a sealed box or ported box?? I was thinking about installing 2 jlw3 12's or maybe just one.

Thanks
    Shane

i have 2 12w6's
    custom box made by megabass
    it's 2.0sq ft/speaker, ported
    -Steve

Comment

Depends on your musical preferences. If you like clean, sound quality oriented music, go sealed probably. If you want ground pounding, low frequency bass, go ported. Just my suggestions, but generally, that is the way you should decide. Also, just for the record, a ported box CAN give some VERY clean bass too, it's just a matter of getting a well designed/built box.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Go with a pair of 12s man. Sealed boxes are typically better for SQ, while ported boxes just flat out pound. Not to say that they can't sound good because they can of course. Anyway, I have a new box that I just finished and it's cut for JLs. If you have the dark gray color in your hatch, it would be perfect. I also have a "scratch and dent" box that I can part with for a lot less than new price. It was slightly damaged in transit. I have pics. Also take a look at my site.

Steve
        www.subthump.com

Comment

Hi

I lisen to alot of rap, rock, and country it just depends on the mood and the person riding with me. So how much sq will i be losing if i go with a ported box?? I thnik i am going to us 2 jl w3's and i wan't them to just pound. Could you maggabass give me a price on a ported box for the 2 12's and a price for the sealed box as well for the same subs??? also if i put the box in the back well can i mount my amp and cd changer in the little storage place on the drivers side?? Another question what amp would you gus recomend for the 2 w3's?? I was thinking about going with one of the kenwood excelon modes sence i have the new headunit that can control them. What do you think

Thanks for the help
          Shane

Comment

Sent you an e-mail. I was looking in my car the other day and pulled out the spare and man there's tons of room in there for amps and your cd changer. Although if you want access to the changer on a daily basis you should try to flush-mount it with the top of the trim panel. Taking the bigger size box out all the time would be a pain. But, if you had my standard size box with the flip brackets, that wouldn't be much of a hassle.

Comment

2 12's is definitely better than 1, and JL's are the way to go. I have found that vented boxes work the best. Basically, if you have 2 12's, you would have a "vent" beteween the subs. On the inside of the box, wood channels the air out that one center vent. The wood on the inside of my friends box that we built forms an "L" shape around the speaker....he hit 140 db's(he hap no capacitor, so his deck shut off before the test was even done) with 2 10's with that set-up..ill try and diagram it with the keyboard:

Top View, DD represents the subs...this should give you an idea

You can get creative with this to, this is a very simple vent design.

nevermind.....the keyboard thing didnt come out the way it was supposed to.

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: 95v6 ]

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: 95v6 ]</p>
              95 3.4L Camaro <br />Cold Air Intake<br />3 JL Audio 10\'s W/ Audiobahn amp<br />Recently wrapped around a tree, SELLING STEREO SYSTEM.<p>Lots of mods to come<p><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/az3/95v6/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.angelfire.com/az3/95v6/index.html</a> &lt;------My car<p>Favorite quote: \"Assume a virtue if you have it not.\"

Comment

I have 2 12's in a sealed box and I love it. It sounds beautiful. I considered ported, but I decided I wanted SQ and accurace vs. pure sound pressure.

I did this before I had t-tops, so t-top storage is my new "dilema" but I'll probably buy a leather storage bag from a 3rd gen off eBay.

-Mike
                <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X