New Speaker Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Speaker Question

1) I'm planning to upgrade my current speaker setup to new brand and sizes. How does this sound for a setup:

5 1/4's in the dash
    5 1/4 Componets in kick panels
    7" Midbass in rear panels
    4 12" Subwoofers in back

Which brand should I go with? Should I stick with Eclipse? Or many people have recommended Phoenix Gold and MB Quart. Please help!
    [*]<b>Car: </b>1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS<br />[*]<b>Engine: </b> 3.1lt (191ci) V6 - MPFI<br />[*]<b>Stereo: </b> Alpine 7995 H/U | Eclipse 21000 EQ | BOSS IQ 3000w Amp | Crossfire AB 400watt Amp | 3 AudioBahn 12\" D/V Subs | Planet Audio 4x6\'s & 6x9\'s

Okay, well I think that for your 5 1/4's, all of them should be MB Quart, and for the 7'' I dont know where tht goes but anyways, I seen that kenwood has a 7x10 speaker. For subs, got with JL AUDIO or Alpine Type-R!

Comment

Phoenix Gold are top of the line and made not to far from me, if you can afford them you will never replace them. I have stuck with Audiobahn and have been extremely happy. All the speakers in my car now are audiobahn and have been reasonably priced.
      <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

So, Phoenix Gold is what I should shoot for? I found a pair of Phoenix Gold Tantrum 6.5 Componets on SoundDomain.com for $169.95.

I think I'm gonna get em..

Thanks,
        [*]<b>Car: </b>1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS<br />[*]<b>Engine: </b> 3.1lt (191ci) V6 - MPFI<br />[*]<b>Stereo: </b> Alpine 7995 H/U | Eclipse 21000 EQ | BOSS IQ 3000w Amp | Crossfire AB 400watt Amp | 3 AudioBahn 12\" D/V Subs | Planet Audio 4x6\'s & 6x9\'s

Comment

How are you going to put those 4 12s in there? I'd love to see some pictures after you get it in. If I can find some way to keep my '91 firebird I'm going for something kind of like that but with all Alpine TypeR components.
          David
          1995 Nissan Hardbody King cab XE, 5-speed, 4 banger<p>Looking for the right Camaro...

Comment

Search soundomain for a 3rd gen. Camaro. Four 12" Audiobahn's in a ported fiberglass box.
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

I'm doing 4 12's now. It takes up all the way to the back of the seat. It's a fiberglass box. I plan on mounting the amps, and the cap in the back of the seat. I'll take pics when I get a chance.
              1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X