powering components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powering components

i plan on getting some bigger subs and a box and amp this summer to replace my setup now. i have a 200 watt jensen amp that i was thinking about moving to push my front door speakers. they are infinity kappa 60.5 6 1/2 components. would the amp really make a difference? would it be too much? these and the rear midrange speakers are running off the headunit now, and i would leave the midranges running off the headunit

[ February 18, 2003: Message edited by: mcG ]</p>
    mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

You could run all four of the speakers to the jensen 200x2 if you want, although if I were you I would buy a 4 channel amp and run all of the speakers off of it. I have a Jensen 600x4 and a Jensen 200x2 the 600x4 is pushing my JL Audio 12'' in my Chevelle and my 200x2 is pushing my 4 JL Audio 6x9's, I need clean power to run them though, so ill be getting rid of my amps. I have the 200x2 for sale. Its brand new $85 shipped.

Comment

Don't use a two-channel amp to power all four speakers..... unless you like your music in mono! It is best to power them with a 4-channel amp, but if you already have a 2-channel..... do it like you said. Amp the components, power the rear with the head unit.
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X