10" Solo-Baric...will it fit in a stealth box? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10" Solo-Baric...will it fit in a stealth box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10" Solo-Baric...will it fit in a stealth box?

im a performance guy, not a stereo guy so help me out. lol. can the box be cut to fit a 10" Solo-Baric? and if not, would something like an 8" Solo-Baric be better than a 10" normal sub? thanks in advance guys.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaro_zach:
    im a performance guy, not a stereo guy so help me out. lol. can the box be cut to fit a 10" Solo-Baric? <hr></blockquote>
    I haven't really dealt with the stealths that are sold in stores, but I think that from the way that they are made, it should be able to be cut out so that you could fit a square sub in it. I wouldn't trust that until you have seen one to see what type of cutting would be involved.
    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>and if not, would something like an 8" Solo-Baric be better than a 10" normal sub? thanks in advance guys.<hr></blockquote>
    Solobarics are great subs. There are a lot of other subs out there that are great. I'm assuming by normal, you mean round in which case it will really depend heavily on which round sub you are comparing it to. There's nothing really which I have seen which makes a square sub any better overall than any comparible round sub.

Look around at http://www.subthump.com for some boxes which are actually better quality than the stealth. He can make something a little more custom for you if you want something like the stealth to hold a square sub. Also check out his Milhouse box if you have t-tops or there's also his well box. He's made many boxes for guys on this board and everyone has been happy.

HTH,
    Mike

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: DrMilhouse ]</p>
    Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

The boxes like the JL and mtx might work with a little modification. Not only because of the difference in the shape of the hole, but because of the recessed space where the round subs mount. You'd have to cut a mdf disc to attach to the box and then cut your square hold in that. The 10" solos will work in my passenger box.

I think you'd be way better off with a round 10 versus a square 8 IMO. The solos are good subs. But they need more air than a stealthbox can give. Plus they aren't the best when it comes to SQ. The best advice I can give is look for a round sub that is best suited for a small sealed enclosure. Something like the Alpine or E-designs. Hope that helps

:D
      Steve
      www.subthump.com

Comment

wow thanks a lot guys, i apprecaite all the input.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X