Speaker Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker Question

My 2 speakers next to the backseat are shot, the bass makes them crack badly, which ones are these and are they easy to replace. Thanks
    Rice burners blow

It sounds like you've blown your speakers. I didn't see you mention what kind of car you have but it you have an fbody then the rear speakers are VERY easy to replace. Pop off the cover grill and drop 'em in with some self tapping screws and you're done. You might outta upgrade cuz' it seems like you're over doing them. Distortion will kill speakers in a heart beat.
    \'97 Red Camaro V6 3.8<br />I love my bottle baby! She\'s a labor of love with lots of goodies.<br />Best Time: 1/8 9.0, 60ft 2.197<br />You go girl!

Comment

I have a 1998 firebird 3.8.. Sorry, I tend to forget to put my vehicle in here, thanks
      Rice burners blow

Comment

No problem... Hey, IF can install 'em, ANYONE can... It's that easy... ;)
        \'97 Red Camaro V6 3.8<br />I love my bottle baby! She\'s a labor of love with lots of goodies.<br />Best Time: 1/8 9.0, 60ft 2.197<br />You go girl!

Comment

What size are they and do you reccomend a brand?
          Rice burners blow

Comment

6 1/2(S) or 6 3/4 "

I'd look into a component system if you could.....

Comment

Scotty, don't spend a whole lot of $ on rear speakers. I don't suggest componets for rear fill and it's just that. Spend your $ on front sound. Put componets in your front doors. As everyone has said... when you're at a concert the sound comes from the stage infront of you NOT behind you, right? Just find some good stock replacements for the rear fill. I like Kenwood myself. Hell, they've been around since dirt, they must be doing something right... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

wrong....Camaros/Firebirds (ie hatchbacks) are known for their rear sound qualities. The bass from the rear of a hatchback is amazing because of the ability of the sound to resonate, bounce off everything and produce a greater sound.....
                Doesn't a home Entertainment system sound better with speakers around you, in the back and in corners of the room, and not just coming out the TV??
                For what you pay for and the sound ratings, Pionner gives great bang for the buck.....
                www.crutchfield.com is a great place to compare speaker specs...

Comment

The rev is gonna have to agree with StarsCamaro on this one. Rear speakers ruin your soundstage, I have mine faded totally to the front. Spend your money on the best you can afford for the FRONT only. Put a sub the rear hatch area, but keep all the highs up front!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

As for Pioneer and Kenwood, If you're really on a budget.....maybe. You can get a good set of Boston's for a good price. How about MB Quart, or my absolute favorite Focal(but focal is expensive).

just the Rev's 2 cents! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                  <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GregWS6'01:
                    wrong....Camaros/Firebirds (ie hatchbacks) are known for their rear sound qualities. The bass from the rear of a hatchback is amazing because of the ability of the sound to resonate, bounce off everything and produce a greater sound.....
                    Doesn't a home Entertainment system sound better with speakers around you, in the back and in corners of the room, and not just coming out the TV??
                    <hr></blockquote>

The only thing correct about this is that the bass is better.

As far as the soundstage goes, cars only get 2 channels. Home systems have many, including surround, which is why you want speakers behind, to the side, or above you in a house. Since cars don't have surround, rear speakers screw up the soundstage. If any rear speakers are to be used they need to be woofers only and high passed no higher than 220Hz depending on taste.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by StarsCamaro:
                      Scotty, don't spend a whole lot of $ on rear speakers. I don't suggest componets for rear fill and it's just that. Spend your $ on front sound. Put componets in your front doors.<hr></blockquote>
                      I agree with this part. Don't spend a lot back there. Some coaxils would be fine, like $100pair for decent ones. Spend the money up front on some good componets. That being said, I gonna have to disagree with the whole "rear fill destroys your soundstage" thing. If you fade forward your soundstage will be up by the steering wheel and if you have your seat reclined AT ALL you are almost closer to the rears then the fronts. A little "rear fill" will bring that soundstage back a little, right to your ears. I speak from experience, NO rear fill AT ALL sound like a$$, been there, done that.
                      Red 96' A4 Firebird
                      Audio Audio and Autotek
                      Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X