Is it just me or does the Monsoon blow? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or does the Monsoon blow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or does the Monsoon blow?

I replaced my Monsoon HU with an Alpine CDA-7850 a long time ago. After getting the new HU, it took a matter of weeks before I blew my first speaker. Few more weeks, another speaker went bye bye. Few more weeks, another speaker. Just recently, another speaker is starting to crackle!! Those speakers are just plain ****!! I don't even play my damn radio THAT loud. So basically I've blown both the 6" subs, the front driver speaker, and the front passenger is going out as we speak. Oh well, I'm not ready to buy new speakers yet, not my top priority. I'm more into appearance and performance for now. Also, anyone know where the Monsoon amp is hidden in the car?
    Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Not just you. Should be behind the spare tire.

Comment

Im looking to buy a monsoon head unit would you be willing to let it go? I made a post in the for sale section if your intrested in selling i'd be intresting in buying make a post in my thread

Comment

Ive had the door speakers for a year now and havent blown them..BUT i have blown the 6.5s in the rear 4 times..and i replaced them myself with explodes ..but only BASS shoots out from them..so i took those out, put the old blown ones in and went to Chevy to replace them, but they said they wont replace them because im missing 2 screws..wtf? so now i have no speakers in the rer..its bettr that way imo.
        2003 Fire Red Dakota R/T 5.9<p>V-Force Exhaust<br />Custom Cold Air Intake

Comment

Go get two more screws and take it to another dealer. I say make em pay for puttin' that crap in our cars.

Comment

such a waste after spending several hundred dollars on it, eh? good thing i didn't get it. hehe. :D

Comment

if the monsoon is like the Bose, there are multiple amps.......yea it does really blow....my Bass from my 5 speaker Bose blows my mom's 10 speaker Monsoon away.....you can't beat the Monsoon high's though :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X