My aftermarket speakers rattle like crazy - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My aftermarket speakers rattle like crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My aftermarket speakers rattle like crazy

I took out the middle speakers (i think they're 2.5s or 3.5s) and put in some aftermarket JVC ones. Thing is, the casing isn't as big as the old ones were, so they dont screw in at all the holes. When i turn the music on, the metal casing for the speaker rattles against the plastic and its very annoying. Suggestions?
    1998 Sport Metallic Gold Camaro<br />Current Mods<br />AIWA CD/MP3 player<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />Dual 3.5\" chrome exhaust tips<br />Removed Front Grill<br />Functional RAM AIR, ss-style hood<br />Exhaust Cutout<p>Future Mods:<br />Leather Seats<br />Improved audio system<br />Different wheels<br />Indiglo gauges<p><a href=\"http://hometown.aol.com/saturn2187/\" target=\"_blank\">http://hometown.aol.com/saturn2187/</a>

Do you have the monsoon system or something?

I've never heard of anything but 6.5S (6.75) inch speakers in an f-bod.

The way most installers fix this probelm is as follows: Make a plastic (or metal) piece the same size of the factory speaker.

(put the factory speaker upside down on the material and draw around it. Cut it out and be sure to mark/drill the holes)

Use the templates that came with your new speakers to draw the profile of the new speakers on the plate you just made. If the speakers are VERY close to the same size and you can get two of the screw holes to line up, make the piece cover just the bottom (or top or side) portion.

If all else fails, Duct it! (duct tape) Just kiding of course.
    Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X