JL Audio Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JL Audio Speakers

I was gonna pick of a set of components for the front and 3way coaxials for the rear of the JL Audio VR series. The price from the shop are $250 for the VR-650CS and $150 for the VR-650CX.

I listen to metal and I like punch and clarity. Is this a wise choice for me?

(I'm getting a JL Audio 10w3-2 stealthbox to go with these.)

Should I go with JL or MB Quarts?
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

I would just say this......go with what your ears like. Some people hate MB Quarts while other's swear by them, and same goes with most brands except some very high end speakers. Then you sorta get a good reaction from everyone.

For speakers I'd say.........possibly the MB Quarts if you like lots of highs, with good midrange. I currently have Infinity and they lack some midrange (even with 6.5 midbass drivers in the doors) but that is soon going to change to Image Dynamics.

Sub wise I'd say stay with the JL box if you don't want to loose room. I don't use my back for much so its no big deal having 2 12's back there. I just want 1 high quality one though. Image Dynamics IDMAX 12"

There are lots of good companies out there for each (subs and speakers) and no they don't have to match. You can probably get a better set of speakers for the mone you want than JL can offer. None the less......good choices!

By the way, what kind of amps are you going to use for this setup?

Chris

Comment

IMO, JL will offer better "punch anc clarity" as a combo. MB Quart will give plenty of clarity, but they aren't meant for lots of punch (not that the JL's are)....but JL has better mid bass from I've ever heard, and their highs on the evolution series are fantastic too! I am going with them when I get money.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X