Front vs Rear Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front vs Rear Speakers

In a 2002 Camaro without the monsoon system, are the front speakers exactly the same as the rear. I want to take a speaker into the shop to make sure my new ones with fit exactly with the screw holes.

It looks like I'll have to take off the whole door panel to take out the front ones. Are they exactly the same as the rear?

Also, the rears look like they are 6"s. I thought they were 6.5"s - What are they?
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

Both the front and the back on my 96 firebird are 6.5". I'm pretty sure it's the same for all 4th generations.

Comment

All 4th gen speakers are 6.75inch. This is more commonly written as 6.5 S. Any store that carries 6.5 will have 6.5 S. If they don't, I wouldn't buy from them. What kind of speakers are you getting to replace them? And, is that all you're planning to upgrade, just speakers?

Comment

Front and rear need an over-sized 6.5"....Just ask for it, shops will know if they have it.
        <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

JL or MB Quarts?

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: BigED ]</p>
          2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

Comment

I don't like the sound of MB Quarts and I didn't even listen to the JL's when I was out demoing components so I can't comment on them. Are those prices retail? You should check online for prices, it's about half of in-store cost. I recommend you demo some Diamond Hex series components, Focal Polykevlar, Dynaudio, Image Dynamics, Canton, and maybe some Infinity Perfects. I just bought the top of the line(Hex Series) Diamonds online for $300. They sound the best to me. Make sure you demo a lot of stuff before you buy so you make sure to get what you really want. For punch and clarity, definately demo the Diamonds. Another option would be to get a very good set of front components (one of the brands above, plus others), and then just put some Kicker 6.5 inch free-air woofers in the rear. This will give you the punch, and the front will give you clarity.

Also, just buy the front speakers first. You really don't need any rear speakers, especially if you get some good components up front and you've got a sub in back. I will probably never run any rear speakers ever again, except maybe just woofers if I ever need more midbass, like I said above, for that punch. Just like when you go to a movie or concert, the sound comes from in front of you, not behind you. I feel it should be this way in the car too, so that's how I keep mine. But, some people like rear sound. So if you do then buy rears. Oh yeah, I wouldn't buy any three way coaxials either. The supposed 'midrange' speaker is so small it's just like having another tweeter and makes it sound way to harsh for me.

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: ChameleonGreen ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X