megabass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• megabass...

I shot you an e-mail like a week or so ago, never got a response. My question was, is there any possible way to squeeze 2 12's and at least 1.8-2.0 cu. ft. into that Milhouse box? Could the two angles be turned into corners to allow this maybe?

I know I responded to that. Maybe it didn't go thru. Anyway, it's never been done before. I won't say it's not possbile, but two 12s are heavier and would put more stress on the plastic panels and the flap hardware. I'm working with a couple of my guys with two 10s. We'll see how those work out first.

Comment

Here's another random idea. I don't know about everyone else, but with me, my tops are on way more often than not. What if the subs could fire upwards when the box is in the well like normal boxes, and when it's flipped out they could fire down. There could be some sort of tabs or feet to keep the box a couple inches off the hump so the subs wouldn't fire into the carpet and to allow space for protector grills. Seems like it could work.

Comment

I've thought about that. Even porting the top side. The only problem is that you have to recess the sub back into the box so much to protect the surrounds that it makes the back deeper too and I'm not sure if it would miss the hatch lock when tilted back. It's definately worth looking into though. If I ever get time, I'll work on a simulation in my CAD. Later

Comment

Please do. I would buy one, and i'm sure others would too. Thanks.

Comment

with that many CUft your going to need a really big box, is that the requirements for cuft/speaker?
            -Steve

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X