stock 94?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock 94?

I just got a 94 camaro, anyone know how many speakers it actually comes with? 2, 3, or 5?
    94 Camaro AT 3.4L<br />Still working on something worth posting.

If its the non-bose system it has 4 speakers one in each of the grills two up front and two in the back seat pillars.
    95 3.4 A4<br />Quasar Blue<br />Flowmaster 80 series<br />K&N Intake<br />5% Limo Tint all the way around<br />Blackouts on the rear and front turn signals<br />RF Head Unit<br />1 12\' RF sub JL 500/1 Amp

Comment

The bose system adds a subwoofer, and an individual amplifier at each speaker. (smaller speakers, too) Most of the bose systems were CD, also.
      Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

I'm no expert on car audio, but I think the base system was Bose, well, it was called ACDelco/Bose. If you look in the driver's manual at the picture of the cassette head unit, you will see a picture of one that looks exactly like the stock one, only with a sticker on it that says "ACDelco/Bose". Speakers on the other hand, are a seperate RPO code. Your best bet is to search for a list of camaro RPO codes for your year and find the one that matches your code for speakers. Mine has 4 speakers in it by the way.

Josh-
        \'94 Camaro A4<br />Mods: K&N Conical, Dynomax Muffler, Dynomax 2.5\" I-Pipe, Jetchip Stage II, 180 Stat, RKSport Underdrive Pullies, Fan Relay Switch, Rapidfire Plugs, Bosch O2s, Goodyear GA, Aluminum Driveshaft, Alpine CD... <p>And also: Ported and Polished Plenum, Ported and Polished Intake Manifold, Ported and Polished Heads, 5 angle valve job, Raised Compreshion, Tranny Cooler, 19lb injectors, no new times yet.<p>\'95 Dodge Stealth M5<br />stock as a rock...

Comment

The "base" system was an AM/FM radio with no tape at all.

In the manual, they probably just picked a picture and went with it.

The discriminating factor in determining whether or not the system was designed by bose is the existence of the amplifiers on the speakers and the existance of the subwoofer.

The Bose systems came in tape and CD varieties, but most were CD. The only difference (I've noticed) between the Delco tape deck and the Bose tape deck is the fact that the Bose unit has low-level outputs, as opposed to an amplifier. (besides the AC Delco/Bose label)

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: Brian Dieckman ]</p>

Comment

bose didn't come with a woofer. all my speakers are 6.5s I have a total of 5.
            1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Brian Dieckman:
              The "base" system was an AM/FM radio with no tape at all.<hr></blockquote>

My '94 came w/a AM/FM radio & tape player. No Bose system, 4 speaker total. A friend of mine had the Bose in his '95, CD player, and a sub in the rear hatch. I think you at least got the tape player with the base stereo, not 100% sure though.
              2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

Well, it seems like I have 3 speaker that work, but I have 5 of those little cages, the 2 in the back seat aren't working, but the two in front work and one speaker in the back does. It sounds nice though, but I think It can use a pair of tens. Anyone know what size go in the back seat, I think someone mentioned 6.5"? Thanks.

Davy Dave

Comment

The size of the openings is 6.75" A little odd if you're going to get off the shelf replacements. Most of the 6.5" components can be made to fit with a trim ring or tab extensions.

The Bose system was available as CD or Tape. There was also a non-Bose tape player. An easy way to tell if you have the bose setup or not is to look on the head unit itself. If it says bose, it's got amplifiers at each speaker, and maybe a subwoofer. (it seems that in 94 there wasn't a subwoofer, but there was in 95... I'm checking into it)

BTW, where is the 5th "Cage" you're talking about? There should be: 1 in each door (2) and 1 in the rear sail panels (2) Total of 4. If you have a 5th, it's probably in the rear hatch area, on the passengers side. That's the sub.

-Brian

Comment

Yeah, my tape deck does say Delco Bose, and the fifth speaker is in the hatch area on the driver side, I thought the bass sounded good with the stock speakers. I guess Im gonna look into adding a couple speakers in the rear too. I was also thinking of just getting a cd changer since my unit came with just the tape deck. Or maybe I'll just get a new head unit? Anyone ever plug in their discman, how does that sound?

Davy Dave

Comment

Yours sounds just as mine did when I bought the car. I have a 94 Camaro. I had two 6.5's in the doors, 2 openings for 6.5's in the back seat, and a 6.5 inch subwoofer in an odd shaped enclosure on the driver's side in the hatch. I also had a tape deck for the head unit, and the 6.5 holes in the back seat were empty. From the factory, the Bose Delco system didn't have 6.5's in the back seat, but they had the spots for the woofers in case one decided to add them in. But I tore that stereo out the first day and installed my solobarics. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                      Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

Yup that is exactly what I have. Thanks guys!

Davy Dave

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X