searching for my monsoon amp???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• searching for my monsoon amp???

Ok, I know this question has been asked many times, but I still can't find my amp. I the monsoon sound system (10 speakers and a cd player with 7-band equalizer).
    I read the forums and it said the monsoon amp is located in the trunk behind the passenger side molding. So I took apart the plastic molding w/ the two speakers and removed the three coin screws holding it down.
    I found the jack and spare tire. I was told it was behind the spare tire, but there was only the power ant. The speaker wire goes from the right trunk speaker down to the ant and then returns back to the front of the car. In front on the spare tire is the black seatblet housing, with an "R" label on there.
    This leads me to believe that the amp is not actually in the truck, but somehwhere closer to the front of the car. Maybe behaind the right rear seat molding, which means I would have to dig from the trunk to find it.

PLEASE HELP

no its there look at the top above the tiere.. thers a big black plastic covering it i just saw mine last weekend when i took the cover off.. u just gott look for it

Comment

so the monsoon amp is above the spare tire? I didn't really check there yet, but i dont remember seeing any wires going up there. Just two going to the power ant and two to the right trunk speaker.

Comment

by the way where the amps located in the same position for the 93-93 firebirds and 98-up firebirds.

Comment

It's not on top of the spare tire, it's in front of it (in relation to the car), it's actually on the inside there. It's up towards the wheel well. Where the seam is for the wheel well, there is a bolt that holds a piece of plastic to the seam. Take out the bolt (there might be two) then you can take off the plastic piece. The plastic has the amp attached to it.

Good luck!
          Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

I think i know what your talking about. This morning I saw a slot along the inside right fender, right in front of the spare tire. Is this where it is located. Although I didn't see any wires or plastic (they must be in the inside of the slot.)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X