Distortion with Monsoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortion with Monsoon

My Camaro has the Monsoon system, and when I turn the thing up a bit, it starts getting distorted, and sounds like royal s(*^. Anybody know how to take care of this? Also, anybody know where to get the cd cartridges for the 12-disc cd changer.
    Thanks.
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Any stereo, definitly including factory set-ups, will distort at a certain volume. Better ones can put more sound out, but factory set-ups are not the best. Some may be ok with the Monsoon, but it is in fact still factory stuff. If you really want the distrotion to lessen, you could turn down the bass and treble controls, or replace the Monsoon system. Anybody else feel free to add to that. I saw an ad once that said something like "if you take the greatest rock and roll song of all times, and play it with crap....It comes out as crap" Not a direct quote.
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

I agree with OneQuickV6 - factory will sound like crap. Buy aftermarket or learn to deal with it, that's about all I'll add.
      <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

I don't know what you guys are taling about, I have a monsoon in mine still and it sounds spectacular!(and I'm used to seventeen hundred dollar boston-Alpine setups)
        2001 3.8l<br />Monsoon 500 watt<br />Automatic tranny<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/1hotv6\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/1hotv6</a>

Comment

bass up volume up = distortion
          bass down voloume up = perfect

if you turn it up to loud just turn the bass down it'll sound just fine. you will still be able to hear the bass.
          merlin
          2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

I've tried dropping the bass, dropping the treble, even going through those annoying as all hell factory equalizer presets, and nothing helps. At a certain point, which isn't very loud, it just sounds like crap. I figure my best bet for the first improvement would be the amp, but I don't want to have to shell out several hundred dollars just to get my stereo to sound halfway decent. I may swing by a dealership, and see if they can do anything about it under the warranty (it's wortha try [img]smile.gif[/img] ). Does anybody know where to find a compatible amp, and how much they cost? Thanks.
            Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X