New Deck - Have $300 to Spend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Deck - Have $300 to Spend

I'm looking to buy a new deck real soon. I have been reviewing the following deck brands:

Panasonic
    Eclipse
    Alpine

I need some help on deciding which deck to buy. The power output is worthless as I will be running RCA's to my amps. Which of these decks, or any suggested deck has the best sound?
    [*]<b>Car: </b>1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS<br />[*]<b>Engine: </b> 3.1lt (191ci) V6 - MPFI<br />[*]<b>Stereo: </b> Alpine 7995 H/U | Eclipse 21000 EQ | BOSS IQ 3000w Amp | Crossfire AB 400watt Amp | 3 AudioBahn 12\" D/V Subs | Planet Audio 4x6\'s & 6x9\'s

i say eclipse i love mine,
    only dont get the base modle as i did, all the odd numbers from 69 and up sound like **** and the evens sound good ( yea i was like wtf also )
    get the cool lookin one if you can the deck its self cost 300$ for the one above mine
    91 Eagle Talon Awd Turbo 5 speed FOR SALE 6000$<br />Looking for a Fiero GT<br /><a href=\"http://www.swdsm.net\" target=\"_blank\">www.swdsm.net</a>

Comment

i'd say the eclipse and alpine sound are going to be about the same. especially if you have stock speakers.

are you looking just for sound quality, or also functionality?
      \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

I'm looking for Sound Quality, functionality doesnt really matter to me much, although I would like it to have CD Changer controls if I should ever want a CD Changer in the future.

There is nothing left in my stereo system that is stock. lol
        [*]<b>Car: </b>1991 CHEVY CAMARO RS<br />[*]<b>Engine: </b> 3.1lt (191ci) V6 - MPFI<br />[*]<b>Stereo: </b> Alpine 7995 H/U | Eclipse 21000 EQ | BOSS IQ 3000w Amp | Crossfire AB 400watt Amp | 3 AudioBahn 12\" D/V Subs | Planet Audio 4x6\'s & 6x9\'s

Comment

i've got a panasonic and i love it to death just so you have an opinion on the panasonics :D :D :cool:
          3.4 white 95 firebird<br />K&N air filter <br />dynomax muffler

Comment

Look for some decks by Denon.

Comment

I know you didn't ask for Pioneer, but I just got this deck: Pioneer 8400MP. It is a CD/CDR/CDRW/MP3/WMA motorized dual face deck. It only takes up a DIN size slot but opens to a DIN and a half. I fit 15 full length music CD's onto 1 CDR ;) A little more than you have (at 379) but worth the extra cash IMHO!!

And BTW, don't waste your money (or extra hour and a half messing with it) on a PAC OEM adapter.. this deck works with the monsoon system without it. 6 bucks for the GM wiring harness and 6 bucks for the antenna adapter and you're set. ;)

2000 Magnetic Red II Automatic Coupe
              Best(s): Coming soon
              99 Bright Red Turbo Firebird A4 T-Tops
              Best(s): N20 - 14.01 @ 97.32 (1.64) Turbo - Coming soon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                3 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X