System Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Noise

Ok I have got a system problem here, ive been installing these things forever but never had this happen. Ok everythnig plays fine but when I switch tracks on my cd player my subs pop during the switch of songs
    I have 2 JL 12w3s and a Planet Audio 1200d which i just got back from planet audio from repiar, which nothing was wrong
    so im thinking maybe a back ground to the cd player tho its using te stock ground?
    any help out here?
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1998firebird\" target=\"_blank\">Red 1998 Firebird</a>

Noise like that can only come from the head unit. Have it checked out. My Sony used to whine a little when the Lens motor kicked on (when changing from, lets say track 1 to 10) It only did it through the RCA's, not the powered outs (which I wasn't using anyway) I moved the ground a couple of times, and grounded the chassis and it eventualy went away.

Good luck!
    Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

I ran across the exact same problem once. Don't use the factory ground for the head unit. Make your own from the body and it will be much cleaner. Post back and tell us the results.
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

Well I found out what it was, it wasnt my factory ground to the head unit. It was my RCA's, I think they were pulling power from my drivers side power seat, so I grounded the RCA's and TADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS FIXED! WHOOHOO!
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1998firebird\" target=\"_blank\">Red 1998 Firebird</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X