let me get this straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let me get this straight

So let me get this straight i can put aftermarket speakers in with the monsoon stereo on my 2000 camaro. Without loosing sound quality
    My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Yup. You should have better sound quality then before.
    <b>Black 1996 3.8L Firebird A4</b><br />--------------------------<br />Custom CAI, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 160 Deg Thermo, BMR ShockTower Brace<br />JVC mp3 HU, two 12\" Infinity Kappa Perfects, Infinity 6.5\" components, JBL 600.1 & 80.4 amps <br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/479229363CPbPiz\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>

Comment

What about volume wise will it decrease or stay the same with my old car different speakers other than stock they decreased in volume a crap load
      My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

I'm pretty sure all Monsoon speakers are 2ohm speakers. Since 97% of all aftermarket speakers are 4ohms, then you will half only half the power.

Comment

So do they make aftermarket 2 ohm speakers

Comment

Yes, just look around. You could also get an amp if your worried about them not being loud.
            <b>Black 1996 3.8L Firebird A4</b><br />--------------------------<br />Custom CAI, Flowmaster Dual Exhaust, 160 Deg Thermo, BMR ShockTower Brace<br />JVC mp3 HU, two 12\" Infinity Kappa Perfects, Infinity 6.5\" components, JBL 600.1 & 80.4 amps <br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/album/479229363CPbPiz\" target=\"_blank\">Pics</a>

Comment

i've heard that Infinity Kappa speakers sound great even on the stock monsoon amp.

Comment

Here's the deal. Replacing your factory speakers will improve your sound quality. The separation of sound between highs, lows, and mids as well as the clarity will see great improvement. I would recommend polk or higher end infinity. Wouldn't worry about the 2-ohm, 4-ohm deal too much (i would actually recommend 4's b/c you will have many more options) as your speaker quality will improve anyway.

However, to get the full advantage of new speakers and get highest sound quality, add a new good head unit (even though you have the monsoon system). A good after market receiver will out perform stock 99% of the time and if you're really worried about power then amp them up as well and of course a sub if you have the funds)

Also, don't worry too much about the power rating on your monsoon seeming higher than after market receivers and amps; B/C first monsoon represents the max power output (something like 500 watts or something- RMS power is the number to look at, max means little).
                In short, higher numbers don't necessarily mean a better product. I've heard the monsoon system and comparing it to my system (everything replaced from stock), it sounds 100% better, clearer, and louder.
                ----------
                Stereo mods:

Panasonic cd receiver, 4 polk 602a 6.5" speakers, 4 channel sony explode amp to push them, amplified RS10A-HP Bazooka (150 watts RMS)

[ October 10, 2002: Message edited by: jhkcam ]</p>
                2001 Camaro Z28 (A4) Sunset Orange Metallic w/ T-tops, Monsoon Stereo, factory GFX, BMR STB from the v6, 18K miles<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/jhkcam22\" target=\"_blank\">2001 Camaro Z28</a><br /><br />Dads car: 2002 35th aniv. Bright red Z28, fully loaded<br /><br />R.I.P.<br />1995 3.4L Camaro (A4) Bright Red<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/jhkcam\" target=\"_blank\">1995 3.4 Camaro</a>

Comment

I have 4ohm speakers in my doors...in order to get them to play as loud....I had to put a 40hm to 2ohm resistor...it makes the 4ohm speaker a 2ohm speaker and allows it to sound great...oh BTW FYI the door speakers and middle speakers are 2 ohm the back 2 are 4ohm...and are full range speakers

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                  05' CTS-V
                  00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X