Subwoofer wiring help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subwoofer wiring help needed.

I need some help. I'm confused. I'm about to install all my stereo equipment and my 10" CDT Dual - 4ohm Voice Coil Subs have me baffled. I'm going to power them with a Audiobahn A8002T amp , preferably bridged to 800Wx1@ 4 ohms RMS. However, I have no idea how to wire it this way. My subs only have 2 terminals, 1 positive and 1 negative. I thought they would have 4 terminals ( 2 pos. and 2 neg.) since they are DVC. Why do they only have 2 terminals and how are the 2 voice coils wired to the terminals? Does this mean that I should wire them to run at 400Wx2 @ 2ohms now? Can somebody throw me a bone here?

Also, I've seen a few places say that the Audiobahn A8002T requires 4-gauge power and ground leads. Is this completely true? If so, then how can I wire/power it and my Audiobahn A2002T amp? I planned on running 4-guage wire into a distribution block and running 8-guage to the amps. So, now what do I do?

[ June 17, 2005, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: The_Unforgiven ]
    Polo Metallic Green \'96 Camaro w/Y87 Performance Package<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/greenmaro24\" target=\"_blank\">Corey\'s Camaro</a>

If they are Dual Voice Coil subs, they should have two pairs of terminals on each sub. If you look closely at the picture (the enlarged version) of the subs on thezeb's website, they do in fact show two pairs of terminals on each sub. They must have shipped you the wrong subs if they only have one pair of terminals.
    2006 Tiburon

Comment

Here's how to hook up two (4-ohm dvc) subs to an amp being bridged.

2006 Tiburon

Comment

I've pulled both subs out of the boxes and they both have only one set of terminals.....
        Polo Metallic Green \'96 Camaro w/Y87 Performance Package<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/greenmaro24\" target=\"_blank\">Corey\'s Camaro</a>

Comment

You have Single voice coil subs, not dvc. Send/take them back. You should see two pairs of terminals on each sub (one pair on each side of the magnet) Just like how I'm pointing to in the picture:

2006 Tiburon

Comment

That's what I figured. The boxes are marked correctly and such, but they only have one set of terminals. I emailed them, maybe they can tell me something. What's weird, is that they don't have a CDT SVC 10" sub for sale on the site anywhere. So if they did send me the wrong ones, what do I have?

Comment

Could it be these? And are they any better or worse than what I ordered if I have them?

BTW, sorry for the double post.

Comment

Hmmmm, well according to CDT's website, they do make both a single 4-ohm voice coil version AND a dual 4-ohm voice coil version. It could have been a packaging error from CDT, who knows. Whatever the case may be, you only have Single voice coil subs.

What do your subs look like? Here are the "Classic Long Excursion Series" models:

Here's the "High Definition Extreme Excrusion Series" subs:

And here are the "EuroSport Audiophile" subs:
                2006 Tiburon

Comment

Originally posted by The_Unforgiven:
                  Could it be these? And are they any better or worse than what I ordered if I have them?
                  The subs should have a model number or something stamped on them somewhere. And are the subs you have red or yellow? If they are yellow, you might be in luck. As you can see, the Eurosports are much more expensive. Enough to send the AMP back and buy a different one. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                  Red 96' A4 Firebird
                  Audio Audio and Autotek
                  Check it out here!

Comment

Originally posted by 96firebird311:
                    If they are yellow, you might be in luck. As you can see, the Eurosports are much more expensive. Enough to send the AMP back and buy a different one. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                    ha ha I wouldn't say a word if they sent him the Eurosports.
                    2006 Tiburon

Comment

No, they're not yellow. They're red and SVC. And there is nothing stamped on them. It only says CDT Audio on the rubber covering the magnet. What should I do? Call them Monday and raise hell? Send them back? Both?

Comment

Both...plus make them pay the shipping to send them back. Did you buy them from The Zeb? I bought stuff there once and they seemed nice on the phone.
                        2006 Tiburon

Comment

Yep, I got them from the Zeb. I'm writing them an email now. It sucks that they messed up my order. Not only will I most likely not find anything out until Monday, but also I was planning on installing it all tomorrow. Looks like that got shot out the window.

Comment

Yeah that's one of the things I hate about ordering online. Even though you get good deals, its a pain waiting sometimes. :( I don't see a problem with the Zeb fixing you up with the right subs. I ordered some cdt component sets from them that were not in stock they said and they offered me a little discount on the next set higher up. Goodluck
                            2006 Tiburon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X