Almost Install Time...got a few ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Install Time...got a few ?'s

Ok, so it's almost time to install my audio equipment and I plan on doing it myself. Here's my list of stuff to be installed:

CDT Audio CL-61A 6-1/2" Component System
    2 - CDT Audio CL-1015 10" Subwoofers
    Audiobahn A2002T 2 Channel Amp
    Audiobahn A8002T 2 Channel Amp
    Subthump Milhouse Box
    Subthump Extended Amp Rack
    New Carpet

But first, I have a few questions. Where can I find the best wiring kit for my installation? What size fuse will I need? Should I be able to install the crossovers on the bottom of my extended amp rack w/out picking up interference? Can I bridge the A2002T amp to power the component set? Where would be the best spot to place the tweeters? And finally, how do you think it will all sound?

In addition, feel free to offer up and advise or recommendations.
    Polo Metallic Green \'96 Camaro w/Y87 Performance Package<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/greenmaro24\" target=\"_blank\">Corey\'s Camaro</a>

www.knukonceptz.com , www.darvex.com , www.ebay.com
    8g kit would be fine, but 4g kit is usually only like 3-4 bucks more. You'll need a distribution block to split your single power wire into two for your two amps regardless or power wire size. I think both those amps accept 8g inputs. Here's one that will work fine. Don't forget to grab a few feet of 8g power and ground wire too.

80amp fuse will be fine. You could probably even do 60 if you wanted.

Install the component crossovers up front close to the front speakers. Most people just stash them under the dash. There's plenty of room under there.

No! You will then lose your stereo separation. No defined left and right. There is nothing to be gained by bridging anyway.

Several spot to place the tweets. Ideally, you want to keep them as close to the woofer as possible. But sometimes that's no always possible without tearing a nice hole in your door panels. Many people put them in the a-pillars. Either drilling holes up by the windshield or by removing those little vents next to the rear view mirror.
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

For the component set, should I wire it for:
      4Ω 50W RMS x 2 or
      2Ω 100W RMS x 2 ?
      Which would sound better? I'm unsure about the affects of running them at 2 ohms vs. 4 ohms. What would you sugguest?
      Polo Metallic Green \'96 Camaro w/Y87 Performance Package<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/greenmaro24\" target=\"_blank\">Corey\'s Camaro</a>

Comment

Originally posted by The_Unforgiven:
        For the component set, should I wire it for:
        4Ω 50W RMS x 2 or
        2Ω 100W RMS x 2 ?
        Which would sound better? I'm unsure about the affects of running them at 2 ohms vs. 4 ohms. What would you sugguest?
        How would you wire them for a 2 ohm load and power one off each 100WRMS channel? It's impossible. You will be running one side off each channel at a 4 ohm load.
        50WRMSx2@4ohms
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

Do you think 50W RMS is enough for the components to sound pretty good, or should I try to find a lil' bit more powerful amp?

Comment

They'll be fine.
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

So I'm looking at this Stinger Wiring Kit . I know I'm also gonna need speaker wire to run from the amps to the subs and crossovers, and from the crossovers to the speakers, correct? But what guage should I get? Also, what else will I need? How many feet of RCA/Interconnets will I need?

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention is that you'll need some way to connect the power/ground wires to the battery. These are perfect for that. You'll need two. One for the power and one for the ground. Use a ring connector on each wire and they bolt right in. [img]smile.gif[/img]

That wiring kit is pretty good, except it has a 150amp fuse and does not include any 4g ground wire. You can buy an 80 amp ANL fuse and 3 feet of 4g black wire seperately though. Biggest thing is that it's carrying the "Stinger" brand name. Which means $$$$. $46.50 + fuse,4g wire,2 RCAs,2 battery terminals,speaker wire= about $90. Where as $19 Basic 4g amp kit,$6 4g to 8g distribution block,$8 Purple and silver 8g wire, 2 RCAs,2 battery terminals, speaker wire= about $60

16g is plenty big enough for speaker wire with the power you're running. As for length of wires/RCAs, grab a tape measure and find out exactly where you're going to run everything. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

One More Question:
                  Where would be the best place to put the distribution block?

Comment

Close to the amp. Just so you don't have to buy a bunch of 8g. ;) It makes no difference though.
                    Red 96' A4 Firebird
                    Audio Audio and Autotek
                    Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X