Show us your system!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your system!

Might as well get this going to start....

Tell us what you've got. Pics are a bonus.
    http://www.netcolony.com/autos/vengethis/stereo.htm

-Mike
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

I have a Kenwood 715s head powered by an orion 800.4 amp pushing 4 boston a coax's on 2 channels and two 12's (audio bahn AW1200) on the other two. The 12's are sitting in a pair of BJ's stealth boxes, gotta love that extra space for tools ;)

-Mike
    -96 Birdie<br />-2x 87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z<br />-97 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel

Comment

I have a Pioneer Premier 720 deck, Image Dynamics 6 1/2" in the doors, and an Image Dynamics 10 sub in a stealth box in the rear. small amp pushing it all
      1995 Purple TA

Comment

i have a Pionner 8000 organic display deck, fosgate 200a4 bridged to 2 12's....thats all right now...
        New car:<br />98 Firebird A4 stock<br />no times yet<br />------<br />old car:<br />96 3.8 Camaro y87<br />15.2 @ 88mph stock<br />------<br />other car:<br />91 Dodge Stealth R/t Twin Turbo AWD<br />stock...i promise ;-)

Comment

Hey MTMike how did you run that 4 gauge through the car or did you run it under? BTW I can't believe you got that box to fit back there. Geez I had to settle for one 12 :( .
          <br />RIP<br />1995 Chevrolet Camaro<br />3.4L V6 A4<br />Flowmaster 40 Series<br />K&N FIPK<br />Throttle Body Coolant Bypass<br />180 Degree Thermostat<br />3.42 Ring Gear<br />Steel One Piece Driveshaft<br />IAT Relocation<br />and a website <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/jason_b298\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/jason_b298</a><br />New Ride 2000 S-10<br />4.3L V6 VIN W<br />auto <br />3.42 w/ LSD<br />more coming soon

Comment

You asked for it. :D

Alpine CDE-7831 single-disc in-dash CD player

MTX RT-X02A electronic crossover

Rockford Fosgate Power series 500a2 amp powering two JL Audio 12W4 subwoofers in a Q-Logic sealed enclosure

Rockford Fosgate Punch series 600a4 amp powering Pioneer TS-C1653 6.5" components in front and TS-A1705 6.5" 3-way coaxials in back

Rockford Fosgate wiring

StreetWires distribution block/fuse box

Rockford Fosgate 1 farad cap

Quick-release amp rack (for quick removal for racing)

Comment

P.S. This is the only forum where images are allowed, we figured people would want to see pictures of spoilers, ground effects, etc.

So on the other tech boards if you want to show off your car you can say "check it out on the stereo/appearance board". [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason3.4L:
                Hey MTMike how did you run that 4 gauge through the car or did you run it under? BTW I can't believe you got that box to fit back there. Geez I had to settle for one 12 :( .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I put some plastic protective loom over it and ran it over the engine, held above the intake plenum with a wire clamp, then used the hole in the firewall (from the previous wiring job) about 2 inches to the right of the steering column, and from there ran it under the carpet with the wiring for the tailights, etc. under the panel that runs along the the bottom of the door frame (next to the driver's seat) then had it pop out from there behind the panel next to the rear seat panel, under the speaker 'hole' and then had it pop out back behind where the factory Bose sub used to sit.

I have to get out there w/ the digital camera and take some new pictures, becuase I did the intial install when there was still 3' of snow on the ground and it didn't get warmer than 10* every day, and then finalized it a few weeks ago, but havn't taken pictures yet.

As for the box, I went to Best Buy in Missoula with it and took the measurements of the box in the showroom and it was VERY close, so I asked the guy if I could pull my car around and test-fit it, and it wouldnt' fit, woudlnt' fit, then all of a sudden, "thunk" it fell right into place, so I told the guy "I'll take it [img]smile.gif[/img]" I'm also working on a custom amp rack to mount the 1, and upcoming 2nd Punch amp in the area where the old Bose sub used to sit, but that's a ways off now.... Time and money are something I dont' have much of right now, trying to get my business off the ground and plan for a 2 week road trip to Florida in July and such.

Take it easy
                <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

I got some new pictures taken, but the FTP to my website server seems to be down, and the stupid HTML based uploader likes to upload only 1/4 of the picture before it thinks its' done, so it'll be a little while before they're up there :rolleyes:

-Mike

[ May 19, 2001: Message edited by: MTMike ]

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MTMike:
                    I put some plastic protective loom over it and ran it over the engine, held above the intake plenum with a wire clamp, then used the hole in the firewall (from the previous wiring job) about 2 inches to the right of the steering column, and from there ran it under the carpet with the wiring for the tailights, etc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:DHahaha :D... you went through way too much trouble dude. If you pull the computer on the passengers side there is a hole (plugged w/ a rubber peice) that can take 0/1 gauge wire, if not more; and it exits right in the passengers kick pannel too.

You should redo your wiring before your engine melts your wire jacket and causes you whole electrical system to short out. It'll be alot cleaner too since the battery is on that side aswell.

-Mike
                    -96 Birdie<br />-2x 87 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z<br />-97 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Mayron:

:DHahaha :D... you went through way too much trouble dude. If you pull the computer on the passengers side there is a hole (plugged w/ a rubber peice) that can take 0/1 gauge wire, if not more; and it exits right in the passengers kick pannel too.

You should redo your wiring before your engine melts your wire jacket and causes you whole electrical system to short out. It'll be alot cleaner too since the battery is on that side aswell.

-Mike
                      <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well sh*t [img]smile.gif[/img] And to think, I did this all when it was 10 degrees outside with 4' of snow on the ground [img]redface.gif[/img]

As for melting, the wire is fine... it's where the old wire was since before I bought the car, so no worries there.

If I get the time, I'll rewire it, but for now, it'll just have to do.

Comment

I have a Jensen xa2100 amp I think and a Rockford punch xlc 10" in my own custom made by moi box (looks just like jl audio's)

no pics but when i take pics of my nitrous system this weekend you'll see them in pics...
                        <b>Black 1996 Firebird</b><br /><b>Newest Edition: Harlan Window Switch</b><br />Nitrous Express Kit,ASCD big block hood, SLP Loudmouth, CATCO hi-flow cat, CAI, -Maf, LSD, Flameball Shifter<br /><b>Best N/A 1/4 in</b> 15.216 @ 89.82 <b>Best N2O 1/4 in</b> 14.352 @ 97.46 &lt;--w/clutch slippage<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/motorhead69/\" target=\"_blank\">My homepage</a><br /><b>AIM:</b>MotorHead75068 <b>YIM:</b>MotorHead69

Comment

What you think I'd make the car fast and not sound good?? :D
                          Here ya go:
                          Kenwood excelon head unit with in dahs single cd player
                          mb quartz tweeters mounted in the doors
                          mb quartz 6.5's mounted in the doors
                          pyle 6.5's mounted in the back
                          thunder form box with 1 10 inch mtx thunder sub
                          1 farad capacitor
                          500 x 2 watt sony amp
                          220 x 4 watt dhd amp
                          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I dont have any pictures but this is what I have.

Sony CDX-650
                            2 12' RF Subs
                            RF Amp
                            2 6.5 Bostons
                            2 6.5 Pioneers

Im going to work on it this summer.
                            Thomas S.<br />1999 Conv. Camaro A4<br />No Mods Yet :D

Comment

someone mentioned... <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"12" Audiobahn's (AW1200) in a pair of BJ's stealth Boxes"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is BJ a person or a company? I'm new so am not up to date on the board Locals. I am looking for a less expensive alternative to the JL Audio and Q-Logic type boxes but I do NOT want to lose my T-Top storage functionality. I would love to have two 12" subs pounding away in my rear quarters. Any help guys?

Craig
                              99 Black firebird.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X