2005 10 "Alpine type R's question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 10 "Alpine type R's question

How ya doin i have two type R's need something sufficient to power them. The rms for the 2005 is 500 watts and the peak is 1500 watts. I'm looking at Hifonics Zeus 1000watts x 1 @4ohms for $239.99. Would that be sufficient or do you recommend something else? Also Brutus by Hifonics how would that go with the type R's?

Thanks in advance
    \'99 Black 3.8 TTops

that would run them

im guessing ur speaking of the Hifonics Zeus ZX7500

# RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 250W x 2
    # THD at 4-Ohm RMS Power: <0.05%
    # Bridged RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 1000W x 1
    # Speaker Level Inputs: No
    # Preamp Outputs: Yes
    # Built-In Crossovers: HP/LP
    # Bass Boost: 0 - 18 dB
    # Frequency Response: 10-30,000 Hz
    # Signal to Noise Ratio: >95 dB

each of my speakers are 1250 rms, i have 3000 rms going to them 5000 max....

Comment

You have the dual 4 ohm version Type-R's?
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

yea i have the dual 4 ohms the new ones 1042d I think, I didn't get the Zeus i got the tx1005d which is 1000 watts x 1 channel @ 1 ohm. They said they would wire it in a series circuit bringing the subs down to 1 ohm. Getting everything intalled at 10:00 am i'll let you know how it goes...
        \'99 Black 3.8 TTops

Comment

i dont think that amp will be able to handle 1 ohm effeciantly.... it will overheat too quick... not many amps are..... you need to look into earthquake....

Comment

o yea and i got the subs buy one get one free =)
            \'99 Black 3.8 TTops

Comment

it is kind of small...alpine rep told me it was fine idk it's a mono amp by the way forgot to mention that
              \'99 Black 3.8 TTops

Comment

Originally posted by Weazel420:
                it's a mono amp by the way forgot to mention that
                No you didn't. "Mono" meaning one. As is one channel. You said 1000x1@1ohm. I'm sure that amp will run fine at 1 ohm. Earthquake isin't the only name in the world that can run an ohm stable. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                They said they would wire it in a series circuit bringing the subs down to 1 ohm.
                And if they honestly said these exact words, I'd snatch my money out of there so fast their heads would spin. It would be a parallel/parallel wiring scheme and no bridging of any kind would be taking place.

People love to throw that "bridged" word around. Guess it makes them sound cool. :rolleyes:

Oh and that amp is only $219 + $20 s/h new on line. Hope you didn't pay much more then that.

[ June 08, 2005, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: 96firebird311 ]
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

nah they were talking about the wiring where i bought the amp, not where im getting it installed...my boys over at best buy are pretty good lol (i got the amp for $300, extra 60 bux to not wait for it in the mail =) )

thanks guys later
                  \'99 Black 3.8 TTops

Comment

Originally posted by Weazel420:
                    nah they were talking about the wiring where i bought the amp, not where im getting it installed...my boys over at best buy are pretty good lol (i got the amp for $300, extra 60 bux to not wait for it in the mail =)
                    Cool. Not to mention you now have a full warranty.
                    [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    Red 96' A4 Firebird
                    Audio Audio and Autotek
                    Check it out here!

Comment

lol anybody need an amp??? got everything installed...doesn't sound like 2 type R's should, only 2 of the speaker terminals on the amp are being use is there another way i could wire it to get these things going? also on the box for the amplifier it calls for an 80 amp and theres only a 60 in there would that affect power or what does it affect? if this doesnt work out feel free to make some cost effective amp suggestions, thanks alot later
                      \'99 Black 3.8 TTops

Comment

Pull the subs out of the box and make sure they wired them correctly. All +'s together and all -'s together.

And if there is more then one output terminal on the amp, they are hardwired together in parallel internal to the amp. Not uncommon at all. That being said, you only need to use one. Whether you wire the subs together and then to the amp, or just wire each sub to each output terminal. Same thing.

The 60 amp fuse vs the 80 fuse will not make a difference in power output. Did they make the box? Got any details on it? Also, make sure you crossovers are set correctly. (Don't forget the ones on your headunit if your aftermarket)
                        Red 96' A4 Firebird
                        Audio Audio and Autotek
                        Check it out here!

Comment

not to sound like the noob i am what do i set the crossovers and what not on the amp...im pulling out the subs today to see how they did it... let you know how it goes, i might need some help lol
                          \'99 Black 3.8 TTops

Comment

Not sure of the features on that amp.... and my internet is far too slow right now for me to look them up... chances are it just has a low pass crossover. Make sure it's set to around 80Hz. If it has a subsonic filter,(may be just called high pass) set it to around 20Hz. What headunit are you running? If you're still stock, the gain should be closer to the max side. If aftermarket, what is the preamp output voltage? Set the gain accordingly. (closer to the min side)
                            Red 96' A4 Firebird
                            Audio Audio and Autotek
                            Check it out here!

Comment

I have an alpine cda 9847 deck...take a look at http://community.webshots.com/user/weazel420 therse pics in there of how it was wired let me know if you need more to see if its done right.
                              \'99 Black 3.8 TTops

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X