XM Radio Installation Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM Radio Installation Question!

I just got a sweet deal off eBay on a Delphi XM radio and FM modulator. Anyone ever mount the receiver in an F-Body? Wondering if it would fit in the ashtray of my 94 'bird? I want a clean, almost factory look.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

K

The fm modulator that transmits through the radio really doesnt sound good. Get a LOC to hook the xm up too.
    1996 Firebird-Y87:SLP Cold Air Intake,Y87 Perf. Package: 3.42 Gears w/ Zexel-Torsen LSD, Sport Steering(14.4:1 ratio), Dual Exit Exhaust,800 watt Pioneer Amp and Two 10\' subs with a custom trunk enclosure.

Comment

I don't know what you're talking about. I've heard FM transmitters and they sound perfectly fine as long as you mount the antenna in a decent spot. Might have to bite the bullet and have it somewhere a bit obvious but oh well.

Anyway, you definately can't fit it in the ash tray, that's way too small. My friend had his mounted above his driver's side air vent. He ran the wiring through the vent itself and I'm not even sure how he got it out of there and wired up but he did it. I don't actually recomend doing that as I'm not sure if extrme hot or cold will have any effect on the wiring, but that is a pretty good looking place for it.

Comment

Well my friend had one and when it was turned up loud you could here raspy reception no matter where it was mounted....if it works for you go for it...
        1996 Firebird-Y87:SLP Cold Air Intake,Y87 Perf. Package: 3.42 Gears w/ Zexel-Torsen LSD, Sport Steering(14.4:1 ratio), Dual Exit Exhaust,800 watt Pioneer Amp and Two 10\' subs with a custom trunk enclosure.

Comment

I have one in my *other* car. The FM modulator sounds crystal clear (as does my brother's). In that car, I set the unit on it's mounting stand and then placed it in the cup holder. The stand in the cup holder (not glued or anything) fits tight and the unit does not move. Not sure if that mounting trick would work in the f-body though.

Squizz on XM is my favorite station. XM comedy is good too.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Yea Im about to get XM I need to start researching everything.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X