Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me design a system...........

ok,
    here is what i am thinking of buying, look at the list ponder and tell me what you think:

head unit [img]tongue.gif[/img] ioneer DEH-P8400MP CD/WMA/MP3 Receiverhead unit

subs:Kicker Solo-Baric L7 02S12L7 12" Dual 4(or2)-ohm Voice Coil WooferL7's

or

choice #2
    Audiobahn AW1206Q 12" Dual 4(or 2)-ohm Voice Coil Component Subaudiobahn sub

also tell me if i should go with the -ohm models of these subs

planning to go with dual subs and a subbox from subthump.com i hear nothing but great hings about the subboxes from him.

amps: one amp per sub
    Alpine MRD-M300mrd-m300

or

Alpine MRD-M500
    mrd-m500

ok this is going to run me alot of money, so i want to make it worth the money give me your opinions please the only way i an think of saving money is going with the 2-ohm model subs then i can get cheaper amp with higher powered, alpine, but dont 4-ohm subs sound better?
    fill me in,

thank
    eddie
    2002 Pewter a4 Camaro<br />No Mods as of yet, but this Spring:<br />Wisper Lid<br />Borla Catback<br />Holly Power Shot air Filter<br />Tranns-go shift Kit<br />Alum. or Carbon Fiber drive shaft<br />And may be in the future an LS6

oh yea forgot to ask also another way to save money is to go with dual 10's would dual 12's be worth the money compared to the 10's same speaker models as above excep in 10inch form
    2002 Pewter a4 Camaro<br />No Mods as of yet, but this Spring:<br />Wisper Lid<br />Borla Catback<br />Holly Power Shot air Filter<br />Tranns-go shift Kit<br />Alum. or Carbon Fiber drive shaft<br />And may be in the future an LS6

Comment

That is a good choice for a head unit. A lot of people don't like Pioneer's. They have a lot of cool features and have never let me down so I have no reason to hate them. I would go with the 12" Kicker L7's. Is there any paricular reason you want to go with Alpine for your amps? A way to save money would be to go with 1 larger amp to drive both subs. This would probably be a little easier on the electrical system as well. I would say go with a JBL 1200.1 . They are $300 and will give you about 1350 watts at both 1 and 2 ohms. So you can get either sub coil configuration and get max power. Dual 4 ohm=parallel coils, then parallel subs for 1 ohm and 1350watts OR Dual 2 ohm= Series coils, then parallel subs for 2 ohms and 1350watts. I used to think the the resistence of the coils made no difference in sound quality until JL came out with the single 3 ohm JLW7. They said they did this because it gave them the best SQ. I don't know. Any ideas for the mids/highs?
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X