12SL7-- what amp to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12SL7-- what amp to use?

well i am getting one 12" SL7 from kicker in a milhouse and im now looking for a good amp-- i was thinking a jbl 600. Just looking for opinions on this combo or any other possibilities which would work well. thanks
    black 2000 camaro v6<br />GTS blackouts, 20% tint all around, clear corners, Panasonic Head Unit, Whisper lid & Whisper ram air, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, 3\" Edelbrock Catback, Mac SFC\'s, Milhouse box from Subthump w/ 12\' Kicker SL7<p>LIFBA Member #044 <br /><a href=\"http://www.lifba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.lifba.com</a>

Yes buy sub boxes from Steve at subthump. His boxes rock! I just got one, they pound!

Aaron
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1998firebird\" target=\"_blank\">Red 1998 Firebird</a>

Comment

Bang for buck the 600 or 1200 are the best i know of. I think you might need something more than a 600 though
      98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

i wouldnt go with a JL amp, id get something like a rockford 1000 for that sub.
        1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RSFireDog:
          i wouldnt go with a JL amp, id get something like a rockford 1000 for that sub.<hr></blockquote>
          JBL amp bp1200.1 or bp600.1
          Have you read the reviews on these? I have a friend who has a 600 pushing 2 10 kenwood db and it's amazing for the price.
          98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

i wouldnt go with a JL amp, id get something like a rockford 1000 for that sub.<hr></blockquote>

don't dis JL now, they are good.
            -Steve :D

Comment

jl is good, but for the money i dont think their stuff is worth it, from experience I know rockford has some of the best amps (even though I'm using Alpine)
              1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

He was talking about the JBL 600.1, and yes this is a very good amp. It's pretty cheap as well, however I don't think it comes with a subsonic filter and I here the crossover is poorly labeled. If the box is sealed, you don't have to worry about the subsonic filter part. These two things aren't THAT big of a deal and they wouldn't stop me from buying it. I wouldn't get the JBL 1200.1 unless you plan to upgrade to 2 12s". 1 Kicker 12" L7 will not be happy with that much power for daily driving. Of course you could set the gain a little low and use it as extra "head room" until you upgrade, which is always good. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

thanks for the replies and yes i was talking about JBL not JL ;) I'm just trying to find a good priced amp that will give me enough power and it looks like the JBL BP600.1 is the one im going to go with (the box will be sealed not ported so no need for the filter really). RSFIREDOG- which Rockford amps should i look at as an alternative ? thanks again
                  black 2000 camaro v6<br />GTS blackouts, 20% tint all around, clear corners, Panasonic Head Unit, Whisper lid & Whisper ram air, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, 3\" Edelbrock Catback, Mac SFC\'s, Milhouse box from Subthump w/ 12\' Kicker SL7<p>LIFBA Member #044 <br /><a href=\"http://www.lifba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.lifba.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X