building a system.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building a system.....

ok im basically going to be putting a whole new system in my 2000.

here are my ideas so far:

front components: Focal Polykevlar(165K)....i heard the tweeters on the 165K2's are too harsh...
    has anyone heard the polykevlars vs the polyglass speakers? is it worth the extra money?

also would consider mb quarts in the same price range, but ive heard focals are alot better

rear speakers: none

subs: 1 10" sub, looking at:

JL 10W3D4 - wired in parallel to produce a 2 ohm load....handles 250w RMS

Adire Shiva - if i can find one? heard good things but no idea where to get one

Audiobahn AW1000Q - 600 watts rms @ 2 ohms

AUDIOBAHN AW120Q - 500 watts rms @ 2 ohms

sub amps:

JBL BP600.1 mono amp.....300 watts RMS X 1 @ 2 ohms i think

AUDIOBAHN A-2801Q 2 channel.....280 watts RMS X 2 @ 4 ohms mono..not sure if its stable to 2 ohms bridged

AUDIOBAHN A-1801X 2 channel.....400 watts RMS X 1 @ 2 ohms mono

JL 250/1 mono amp....250 W RMS @ 1.5 ohm-4 ohm (11V-14.5V) {i guess it outputs the same power with variable impedence)

amps for the components:

Audiobahn A4401Q 140watts x 2 @ 4ohms mono RMS

JBL P180.2 - 80 watts X 2 @ 4ohms RMS

need other amp suggestions :\

thats the setup im considering right now, if you have any suggestions/opinions i'd love to hear them

thanks

zack

forgot some stuff

the head unit i have: pyle pldvd180 that plays dvds, vcds, mp3 cds etc doesnt have bass and treble or any of that stuff...if i just get an equalizer will that let me do everything i want to do?

i want to be able to not only cut the bass at times but also adjust for different types of music......with the monsoon i had diff radio stations on different settings and stuff

any opinions on a good 1/2 din eq and what else i'd need?

thanks

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by black cali v6:
      Front components: Focal Polykevlar(165K
      rear speakers: none
      JL 10W3D4 - wired in parallel to produce a 2 ohm load....handles 250w RMS
      Adire Shiva - if i can find one? heard good things but no idea where to get one
      Audiobahn AW1000Q - 600 watts rms @ 2 ohms
      AUDIOBAHN AW120Q - 500 watts rms @ 2 ohms
      JBL BP600.1 mono amp.....300 watts RMS X 1 @ 2 ohms i think
      AUDIOBAHN A-2801Q 2 channel.....280 watts RMS X 2 @ 4 ohms mono..not sure if its stable to 2 ohms bridged
      AUDIOBAHN A-1801X 2 channel.....400 watts RMS X 1 @ 2 ohms mono
      JL 250/1 mono amp....250 W RMS @ 1.5 ohm-4 ohm (11V-14.5V) {i guess it outputs the same power with variable impedence)
      amps for the components:

Audiobahn A4401Q 140watts x 2 @ 4ohms mono RMS

JBL P180.2 - 80 watts X 2 @ 4ohms RMS
      <hr></blockquote>
      Let's see here... I love this part [img]smile.gif[/img] .... it looks like you've done some homework! Focal and Adire are great choices! You made a good decision with your choice of components. The Focals are wonderful. Stick with the 165K and you would save some $$ and still be VERY satisfied. The JL10W3 is a great woofer however I think I would still go with the Shiva. You can buy them straight off Adire's website (www.adireaudio.com) or from www.ampmanaudio.com which is a VERY trustworthy site. Also, the Shiva is a 12" woofer where as the JL10W3 is , of course, a 10". A Shiva would probably out do a 12" JL as well. I wouldn't go with the audiobahn amps. Their newest line is pretty decent but I've heard some negative things about the older stuff. Plus I think those amps are A class amps. Not easy on the electical system. Stick with a class D amp that has been tried and true. May I recommend the JBL line up? The JBL600.1 will give you around 700 watts at 2 ohms and is stable to 1 ohm. (same power) Or the bigger 1200.1 gives you around 1325 watts at 2 ohms and is also stable to 1 ohm. (same power) The 600.1 can be had for about $200 and the 1200.1 about $300. They are both very good amps however they lack all the bells and whistles. (subsonic filters, etc.) What type of box are you running your sub in? Ported.. sealed?? The shiva could take around 400-500W RMS so I would get the 600.1 unless you plan to add another woofer in the future. [img]smile.gif[/img] I will post with more in a bit!
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

update:

I bought my components today, lightly used Focal Polykevlar 165K's for $190, guy I got them from was using them as the rear stage in his car....he was only running 50 watts thru them because usually his parents sat in the backseat and complained lol.....so they are in really great shape and i think thats a good price for polykevlars

For the sub im going with a jl BP600.1

For an amp for the components i need a suggestion.....i want to put 60-80 watts RMS thru them

Box: I might be getting a jl stealthbox with a 10W6 in it...its wired in a 3 ohm load, so how much power would the bp600.1 provide it?

subs: if i get that box, it'll have the jl 10w6 in it and i'll run that....i love adire subs but cant afford them :(

heard an idmax today and it bumped pretty hard, i'd consider those too if i go with a different box....i just want a single 10 tho

Comment

leaning towards the JBL P180.2 for my components now....90 watts RMS X 2

Comment

....i love adire subs but cant afford them <hr></blockquote>

A Shiva is only $125!! And as I mentioned before, it's a 12". You stated that you are looking for a single 10". The JBL at 3 ohms should put out about 450watts. Great for a W6. Outstanding move on buying the Focals, you won't be let down. The 180.2 should be a great choice for you. Let me know if you have any more questions.
            Red 96' A4 Firebird
            Audio Audio and Autotek
            Check it out here!

Comment

shiva is 250 for 2 on ampmanaudio.com, but i only need one, and i need a 10

then 10" brahma is expensive....

[ June 27, 2002: Message edited by: black cali v6 ]</p>

Comment

I think you are looking at the package deal. The very first Adire Audio item should be the Shiva. It is $125 for one.
                http://www.adireaudio.com/car_audio/...fers/shiva.htm
                That should take you to the info page on Adire's website. Below the specs for it is a price list for 1 to 3 woofers. Should be $125.
                Let me know if you have any more questions.
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

thanks, but it looks like the box im going with only holds a 10.

do you guys think a stealthbox with a JL 10W6 for 300 is a good deal?

thanks

Comment

do you guys think a stealthbox with a JL 10W6 for 300 is a good deal?<hr></blockquote>
                    Is it the powered one or do you have to amp an amp?
                    Red 96' A4 Firebird
                    Audio Audio and Autotek
                    Check it out here!

Comment

add an amp

Comment

Yeah, that's what I meant. Add an amp. I would say that is a fair price.
                        Red 96' A4 Firebird
                        Audio Audio and Autotek
                        Check it out here!

Comment

my only concern is....

the amp im getting is a JBL BP600.1

the sub handles about 300 watts RMS, and that amp produces 300 watts RMS at 4 ohms and 600 watts RMS at 2 ohms.....so would the amount of power it produces at 3 ohms be around 450 watts RMS? if so thats too much for the sub....do i just need to turn the gain on the amp down?

thanks

Comment

Usually subs are underated as far as the power they can hold. I know this is especially true of JL subs. As long as you are sending it a clean, undistorted signal you will have no problems. Just dont turn your HU full blast and it will be ok. The watts wont kill the sub, distortion will. But if you want to be on the safe side, yes you could just turn the amp gain down.
                            <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X