Tweeters on a 94 camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweeters on a 94 camaro

I just got some JL audio components, it is it possible to mount the tweeters inside the door panel on a camaro?
    I know it is better to keep them as close as possble, i'm up for any kind of suggestions.
    thanks
    -Steve

yes...you can mount tweeters on the door panel. I got some MB Quarts and put them in last week. I only have power locks, so I put my tweeters right under my switch. I like them there very much. Sounds great.
    <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

do u have pics?
      -Steve

Comment

Im not sure if the door panel on the early 4th gens are the same as the 98 and newer but I put mine on the little triangle piece on the other side of the rear view mirrors. I should have pics soon, hopefully.
        <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

I'll email some to you.

[ June 21, 2002: Message edited by: daWhoady ]</p>
          <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

pics dont work
            -Steve

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SunsetOrange98Camaro:
              ...I put mine on the little triangle piece on the other side of the rear view mirrors...<hr></blockquote>

DON'T DO THAT!!!

I could type a really long explanation as to why, but I have said it more times than I can count.

#1 rule when mounting tweeters. ALWAYS MOUNT THEM CLOSE TO YOUR MIDS!!!(Within 4") everything ells comes second.

You will have some guys telling you “I have my tweet’s mounted [insert somewhere high in the doors, by mirrors, or on the dash] and they sound good”. They are sadly mistaken. I thought the same thing. I had my tweets mounted on the dash then I moved them to the mirror things, and I thought the sounded “good” too. I WAS WROUNG. I moved the tweeters down by my mids and it is like a totally new speaker. Frequency response and imaging are a ton better.

I am now educated on the subject and can tell you from experience that you will have much better results if you mount them close to your mids.

Try tis:
              Http://eyeoutthere.tripod.com/stereo.htm
              <b>LS1 RX7! </b> &#0124;&#0124; <a href=\"http://www.no-bling.com/image_galleries/index.php?action=viewgallery&gallery=galleries/eyeoutthere_LS1_FC\" target=\"_blank\">Full Gallery</a> <br /><br />LT1 Header Informtion/survey

Comment

I understand why too, it's called phase, they will go out of it if they are too far apart, i was planning on keeping them almost 1" apart
                -Steve

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> DON'T DO THAT!!!

I could type a really long explanation as to why, but I have said it more times than I can count.

#1 rule when mounting tweeters. ALWAYS MOUNT THEM CLOSE TO YOUR MIDS!!!(Within 4") everything ells comes second.

<hr></blockquote>

Believe me, Ive read all the reasons in the world why you shouldnt mount your tweeters away from the mids. I had my tweeters mounted ON my mids for almost 6 months and they were ok. I almost always have a passenger riding with me in my car and their legs completely block the tweeter and it sounds terrible. Also, on the camaro, the mids are so far down at the bottom of the door that my leg blocks the tweeters on the drivers side. The tweeters are pointed at the trasmission tunnel so that also affects the direction of the sound. I listened to a system in a 98 Z28 that had the tweeters moved to the triangle piece and I loved them. They were bright but I still loved them. So I finally moved mine and I dont ever see myself going back. It takes sometime to get used to but they sound great IMO. And if I recall correctly there are some brands of components that actually tell you in the instructions to mount the tweets up high, preferably pointing at the windshield, like in the A-pillar. Mount them where you want, your the one listening to them. Dont let anyone else tell you what do do to your car. Put some double sided tape on the tweets and move them to different locations on your car and find the spot that is best for you.

[ June 21, 2002: Message edited by: SunsetOrange98Camaro ]</p>
                  <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

When it comes to broad and general rules about 'DON'T DO THAT' or 'DON'T DO THIS', they are not absolutes. Yes, it is usually better to mount the tweets as close to the mids as possible, but this is not always true. I suggest you use some double sided tape and experiment with them a bit. Move them around and see which way you like best. Always trust you're ears over what somebody else says.
                    <b><i>1999 Pewter Trans Am M6 - Stock for now...<br />296.6 RWHP and 310.6 RWTQ</i></b> -<i>SOLD</i><p><i>\"There are vast amounts of money to be made in the sevice of the Lord!\"</i><br /><i>1994 Green Camaro M5 - <b>SOLD</b></i><p><br /><b><i>Associate of VENOM-VI</i></b>

Comment

well guys, I have my tweets right there in the doors on my door pods. I have to tell you, they sound great. The imaging is wonderful - as long as no one is in the car. As soon as someone gets in the car and sits anywhere other than on the center console, then the speakers are blocked by legs. A whole lot of frig'n good it does to have great imaging when the speakers are unable to get the sound to your ears. I'll be adding another set of tweets to the plastic trim pieces that cover the mirror bolts as well. I'll have them attenuated quite a bit so they should be just enough to bring the sound stage up and make it sound better with out making the sound overbearing like some tweets I've heard in other cars.

That's a later-in-the-summer project
                      Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Reverend_Ezekiel:
                        When it comes to broad and general rules about 'DON'T DO THAT' or 'DON'T DO THIS', they are not absolutes. Yes, it is usually better to mount the tweets as close to the mids as possible, but this is not always true. I suggest you use some double sided tape and experiment with them a bit. Move them around and see which way you like best. Always trust you're ears over what somebody else says.<hr></blockquote>

Very true. It all comes down to what you think sounds good.

However, what you think sounds good, isn’t isn't an accurate reproduction of the sound. That doesn’t matter to some people.
                        <b>LS1 RX7! </b> &#0124;&#0124; <a href=\"http://www.no-bling.com/image_galleries/index.php?action=viewgallery&gallery=galleries/eyeoutthere_LS1_FC\" target=\"_blank\">Full Gallery</a> <br /><br />LT1 Header Informtion/survey

Comment

Personally I would rather have what sounds good to me then what is an "accurate representation" but like many of us have already said try it out and see what works for you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X