mounting amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mounting amp

hey those of you with t tops how'd you mount your amps so that i can hide it and store t tops.
    My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

If your amp isn't too large, you can invert the spare tire and mount the amp on a board inside the rim. I did that with a four channel Fosgate amp. I had to leave the end caps off to fit, but its under the trim panel so who cares!! I got the idea from a guy on on of the other boards. I believe his name is banddirectorZ28 or something close to that. If you do something like that and a stealth box, your "trunk" area is completely free of any audio equipment.

Comment

The guy that Backfire is referring to is called "BandDirector Blk98ZM6" on both camaroz28.com and ls1.com. He lives a few minutes from me and I have seen his setup. It is very nice and it sounds awesome. Here's the link to his site. He has the amp mounted to a board inside the inverted spare tire as Backfire said. The board is mounted to the tire with those zip tie things so if he ever has a flat he just cuts the zip ties and he can use his spare. Pretty creative.

Here is another way to mount an amp or amps in your car. This is what I plan on doing whenever I draw up some blueprints. Hope this helps.
      <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

Thanks for adding those links!! That is exactly how I had mine mounted. Was nice and simple, protected, and out of site. I never had any heat issues either even with a Fosgate, which tend to run hot. Used it for the majority of the 15hr straight, 1100mi trip from TX up to WI so it had time to heat up if there was gonna be a problem!

Comment

Thats awesome. My 4-channel MTX runs hot after about 2 hours of continuous use. Its sitting on the bottom of the rear well right now but I still think gets enough air.
          <b>1998 Cayenne Red Camaro 3.8 A4</b><br />-Whisper Lid, K&N, manual fan switch, DEI 508D<br /><br /><b>FOR SALE:</b><br />-Whisper Lid<br />-PAC OEM-1 adapter<br />-GM Delco 12 disc CD Changer<br />-MTX 4250D amp<br />-Kicker Free Air subs<br />-DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Comment

I didn't catch this post earlier...

You can see my amps in the link in the sig. T-tops and all they're just fine.
            Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X