Is it possible to put a factory Keyless entry system in my 95 firebird? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to put a factory Keyless entry system in my 95 firebird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to put a factory Keyless entry system in my 95 firebird?

hi, the car originally didnt come with one, (i checked the RPO codes, is it possible to add a factory one from like a 95?
    Black 1995 3.4L V6 \"<b>THE BLACKBIRD</b>\"<br /><b>Performance Mods </b> K&N Fipk, Hypertech Underdrive pullies, Accell Coilpacks, and wires, rapidfire plugs,180 degree thermo, 1LE Tranny Mount, Z28 Catback W/crome tips B&M Ripper shifter<p><b>Appearance mods</b> 2 1/2% Limo tint all around, Blacked out taillights, turn signals, and side markers, red PONTIAC rear Inlay, 98+ style centerplate bird and graphic<p><b>Stereo System</b>Panasonic Cqdf 800u head unit, 2 MTX thunder 280 amps bridged, 2 Cerwin Vega AI 12\'s on the rear deck, 6x9\'s in the rear sail panels, Monsoon Door panels With Memphis Audio 6.5\" Coaxials and tweeters, 1 farad EFX cap.

That would be a waste of money, just go buy an after market one, it would probably be cheaper.
    1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

I've been told i cant get "JUST" the keyless entry from the install places, thats why im looking for a stock replacement.
      Black 1995 3.4L V6 \"<b>THE BLACKBIRD</b>\"<br /><b>Performance Mods </b> K&N Fipk, Hypertech Underdrive pullies, Accell Coilpacks, and wires, rapidfire plugs,180 degree thermo, 1LE Tranny Mount, Z28 Catback W/crome tips B&M Ripper shifter<p><b>Appearance mods</b> 2 1/2% Limo tint all around, Blacked out taillights, turn signals, and side markers, red PONTIAC rear Inlay, 98+ style centerplate bird and graphic<p><b>Stereo System</b>Panasonic Cqdf 800u head unit, 2 MTX thunder 280 amps bridged, 2 Cerwin Vega AI 12\'s on the rear deck, 6x9\'s in the rear sail panels, Monsoon Door panels With Memphis Audio 6.5\" Coaxials and tweeters, 1 farad EFX cap.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Reg Kmet:
        I've been told i cant get "JUST" the keyless entry from the install places, thats why im looking for a stock replacement.<hr></blockquote>
        They are lying to you. You can buy just the keyless entry, they probably just don't sell one and they want you to buy their stuff. Although, I must say, it's not that much more $ to just go ahead and get the alarm as well. Especially, if they are installing it. They are already gonna have to car torn apart, they mise well add a siren! :D :D
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

Do you already have power locks and windows or is it with those already?

If you already have them, then don't bother with installing factory keyless, just get an after market set up like DEI (I think it's [img]smile.gif[/img] 720T or something similar. Actually just go with a full alarm, you'll be better off anyway.

If you don't already have power locks and windows, then this will be pain in the arse. You can get some aftermarket lock actuators and mount them in. I hate doing that cause it's a pain, but you can add them in. Probably cost you about 200 or so to have them added. One possibility on that might be to get some wrecked up doors and just take out the factory actuators. Never done it, but it might work better.

HTH
          Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

Why the hell would you get a factory one?

If you get a good one, not only will it assure good protection against theifs, but it will lower your insurance. Go with the all out DEI one. I have a Python system along with proximity sensing - talk about knowing my car is protected! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Get an aftermarket DEI (Viper or Python). [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
            2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X