Door and rear speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door and rear speakers?

Ok, just got a new head unit, fairly cheap pioneer 45*4 and i got an american pro powering 4 10's in the back. Heres my question though, i just bought 2 new crossfire 6 1/2's sx62s series. These speakers sound great i must say, but my problem is my rear speakers sound like **** now? Back before i put my subs and door speakers and head unit in, they were the loudest speakers in my car, they sounded great? Now i can barely hear them, are the fronts draining the wattage from them or what? The crossfires are supposed to be 100 watt max, the old door speakers i had where power acoustic? the previous owner put them in dont know supposedly he had a killer system before he stripped it, but they have a 200watt max each? they didnt sound as good as my crossfires though.. Though the drivers side i did blow. Anyway could you just explain how i could get more sound out of my rears?

Also one other thing i dont run the volume at max like i did with my old stock system. Im afraid ill blow my subs or something? Could that be it they just sounded so much better maxed with my old stock than at about 60% which is bout as high as i got with this new system? Thanks for the help ppl.

how do you have your amp hooked up?

what deck did you have before your pioneer?
    1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

to me, it sounds like a wiring problem somewhere. Maybe a wire is shorting out somewhere, or you could have a problem in the head unit itself.

Just to avoid confusion, I replaced my Head Unit and re-wired everything with Monster Cable. There are no stock wires powering my head unit, amp, or speakers. Took a bit longer to do, but totally worth it!

-Marc
      sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X