American Pro vs. American Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Pro vs. American Bass

I now have 2 American Pro 12 inch 1000 watt (I don't know rms)subwoofers with the bullit in the center. I am thinking about getting American Bass 12's tomarrow (I think they are the VXL series. Does anyone know which is better? Should I get American Bass or stick with the ones I have now. It will not be costly to get the American Bass subs because I have someone who will buy my American Pros and it will only be a diffeence of $50. Also these are not new but were hardly used. (the ones I have now were also used when I bought them). Do you think it is worth it?
    Thanks

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: 95TealCamaro ]</p>
    Joe<br />1995 3.4 Teal Camaro<br />80 Series Flowmaster<br />B&M Ripper Shifter<br />K&N Air Filter

Do you have the thiele and small parameters for those 2 woofers?
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
      Do you have the thiele and small parameters for those 2 woofers?<hr></blockquote>

Huh? I'm lost... what do you mean
      Joe<br />1995 3.4 Teal Camaro<br />80 Series Flowmaster<br />B&M Ripper Shifter<br />K&N Air Filter

Comment

They both suck. Quit buying flea market junk. Ditch all your audio crap on your buddy and buy good stuff. How much airspace does your box have?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ChameleonGreen:
          They both suck. Quit buying flea market junk. Ditch all your audio crap on your buddy and buy good stuff. How much airspace does your box have?<hr></blockquote>

I don't know how much airspace there is. I don't have money to go and buy the best of everything. Thanks for calling my stereo "flea market junk" and "audio crap"(no need for the bashing). I didn't ask if it was junk, I asked which is better. By the way American Bass and American Pro aren't junk. Anyone else have any POSITIVE suggestions?

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: 95TealCamaro ]

[ June 12, 2002: Message edited by: 95TealCamaro ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 95TealCamaro:
            [QB]Thanks for calling my stereo "flea market junk" QB]<hr></blockquote>

Anytime yo

As far as positive comments, I got a couple for ya. First, why don't you read some basic car audio articles ( http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/caraudio.htm ) that way you might actually figure out what T/S parameters are. Second, find out how much airspace you have in that box. You can buy the best sub in the world, but if you don't give it the right airspace it will sound like crap.

Comment

Hmm american Bass Flea market Crap huh? then how come the team i run with all has it and beats the crap outta the kicker,rockford,and MA stuff at comps? Not to mentions American bass took home 8 First places Trophies at USAC finals last year?? hmm. I hit 151.1 with 2 12 cx's in a tight little enclousre down in the bottom of rear area where the t-tops click in at. I'm not familar with a VXL sub From american bass are you sure it's just not a XL how much you lookin at haveing to pay i got the cx's for 250 each And chameleon green is right it don't matter if you have the best sub if it's not in the right box it won't do crap but still callin american bass crap i hardly think so but then he probly thinks kicker and rockford are the best things ever made i've had alotta everyhting they got good years of each and bad years of each that is all there is to it stick with what ya like and know and of course what you could afford

Oh yeah and the team i'm with all has american bass subs and amp we have taken 5 reginal champs and 8 other 1st with just 2 shows under our belts i still say not to shabby for what you call flea market crap and there is 6 cars in the team woulda had 6 reginal champs but my car was in the shop at the time :-( damn exhaust

[ June 13, 2002: Message edited by: ToddBoe ]</p>
              <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/boboboom2\" target=\"_blank\">White 96 RS t-tops Auto 3.08 gears</a><br />Check link for car and all mods<br />USACi Outlaw Spl and SQ competitor<br />Soon to come Batmans SC running 10 psi and PCM programing<br />99 Honda VFR Motorcyle 100.5hp@10,750RPM 1/4 11.14@122mph, 0-60 3.36sec, 0-100 7.92sec<br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/boboboom\" target=\"_blank\">99 Dodge 2500 Cummins Quad cab 5 speed 325hp</a><br />Check link for all mods and pics

Comment

I don't see any cx's here? American Bass
                I getting these used from my cousin for a good price. It won't really cost much for the American Bass subs once I sell my American Pros ( maybe a $50 dollar difference). I will figure out how much airspace I have and post it tonight.

Comment

OK my bad BOB went and changed the name on them again there the VFL Cast they started out as the CX's oh well just like the 1500d's theres only 3 of them out right now and we have them and well the way thigs are lookin we might be the only ones that will get them there comeing out with a new 1500AD i think is what it is called suppose to be more power so i guess we will see
                  <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/boboboom2\" target=\"_blank\">White 96 RS t-tops Auto 3.08 gears</a><br />Check link for car and all mods<br />USACi Outlaw Spl and SQ competitor<br />Soon to come Batmans SC running 10 psi and PCM programing<br />99 Honda VFR Motorcyle 100.5hp@10,750RPM 1/4 11.14@122mph, 0-60 3.36sec, 0-100 7.92sec<br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/boboboom\" target=\"_blank\">99 Dodge 2500 Cummins Quad cab 5 speed 325hp</a><br />Check link for all mods and pics

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ToddBoe:
                    [QB]but then he probly thinks kicker and rockford are the best things ever made<hr></blockquote>

Actually no, I don't care for either of those. Adire, Image Dynamics, Diamond Audio, ADS.

Were those dBdrag or SQ comps?

Comment

Alright now your talkin Dimaond audio i just put them in for my new compontes always was lookin at some ADS but ya talk abou that with some people and they go and look at you like what kinda cheap crap ya talkin about cause there the rockford and Kicker type sorry for the low blow there but i really hate the guys that think kicker and rockford are the best one of the cars is runnin Image dynamic horns

We run SPL and SQ Outlway SPL check out www.soundoff.org thats USACI's website for some more infor on that my truck i run with SQ and my car is the spl machine basically

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trueaudio/ that is the teasm little group site we just got it started so bear with it but hey if you want take a peak

Comment

151.1 db's

That number seems a little unbelievable to me
                        I have done more than my share of audio installs and been to several comps.

I have sat in 1998 explorer with 12 rockford fosgate 10"s and 4 800a2 power amps that only hit 152.2 and it was built by a friend who has about 8 yrs experience

I have two Alpine DVC 12's in my 1999 bird with the Q-logic box and the alpine 1507 amp 1200+ watts, and I might possibly be hitting low 140's or high 130's and that's just being honest

As for american bass or american pro's

Never heard of them.

A sub is only as good as the warranty and the company's rep. Anything can be blown, that is a certainty!

I myself would go with a more recognized company like Memphis,Diamond Audio, Eclipse, just to name a few.
                        1999 A4 Black Firebird<br />17 x 9.5 ROH ZS Wheels powdercoated Black<br />Wings West Front GFX, Y87 Sides and Rear<br />2000 SS leather Seats<br />Alpine HU, Kicker Mids and Highs Diamond 12\" subs, JBL600.1 amp, Epicenter<p>\"All Show, NO GO\" :(

Comment

Really superbird thats odd i'm the second lowest hittin car on the team next to a blazer that has 4 of the cheaper american bass 12's he hits like a 148.7 we have a toyota that was hittin close to 160 he hits 156.7 and another blazer hittin 153.6 thats 3 15's the yota has a wall with 4 15's and the same amp as i am runnin the 1200D The yota's box is vented and i know when he did port wars he was in the 170's I don't mabey you should take alook at the usac website they have alotta score in there in the 150 up area in my class along i have to get another 5 db higher to compete and this year USAC is using this globe to make everything more fair so you can;t cram the mic in the corner like you used to if i could do that i know my car would be hittin harder according to the mic

Comment

Well I got the American Bass subs today. They are the bottom of the line. They are nowhere near as nice as mine. I wish I could afford top of the line American Bass subs (o'well). I'm gonna stick with my American Pro subs for now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X