Opinions on Bazooka Tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Bazooka Tube

Hey all, I want to add more bass to my Monsoon system. I was considering doing Milhouse boxes or the MTX "cubby hole" box, but by the time I add an amp I'll be spending more than I would like too. Also I want something thats going to be really easy to install and not take up alot of room. Do any of you have a Bazooka either with a 8" or a 10" woofer? How do you like it?

Thanks.
    2002 M5 Camaro 3800<br />1LE Sway Bars<br />Hurst Billet Plus Shifter<br />3.23\'s<br />Ghetto Whisper Lid Mod<br />Ghetto Ram Air Mod<br />Taylor Wires<br />Holly Powershot Filter

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by UCF3800:
    Hey all, I want to add more bass to my Monsoon system. I was considering doing Milhouse boxes or the MTX "cubby hole" box, but by the time I add an amp I'll be spending more than I would like too. Also I want something thats going to be really easy to install and not take up alot of room. Do any of you have a Bazooka either with a 8" or a 10" woofer? How do you like it?

Thanks.
    <hr></blockquote>

I had an 8" tube in my Mustang before I got my Firebird. Did exactly what it was supposed to, all punch. I considered adding the tube to my car, but my Monsoon sub does fine for the sound I'm trying to achieve.

Incidentally, I have mine for sale
    here if you are interested in getting a used one.

2000 Magnetic Red II Automatic Coupe
    Best(s): Coming soon
    99 Bright Red Turbo Firebird A4 T-Tops
    Best(s): N20 - 14.01 @ 97.32 (1.64) Turbo - Coming soon

Comment

I had 2 of the 6.5" tubes. Not bad. Nothing too serious though. Didn't want to attract too much attention in my neighborhood.

Comment

I got the Pre-Amped 100watt 10in .... goto Ebay its 150$....that thing hits hard!!!lets see...it sounds better and hits harder than my friends 2 10's another friends 2 12's....eh..it sounds damn good....took me like an hour to install... ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Check out JC Whitney. They are who I got my 1st system for my old truck, and it didn't sound half bad... it wasn't too much money either. If you wajnt a tube, one of my buddies has a tube he bought from walmart, and he took out the speaker, and bought a pretty decent one, and he is running a 600 watt (I think) amp from Jc Whitney in his Camaro. I have a little better setup in my bird, but price wise, his gives pretty good bang for the buck. Hope this helps
          94 bird 3.4L Racing Green<br />80 series flowmaster<br />3 1/2\" Chrome tips<br />Deck, amp, sub, and upgraded speakers<br />Delphi XM<br />5 spoke 99 Trans Am Rims<br />Clear Corners<br />Sylvania Silverstar Lights

Comment

I used to have 2 12" autopipes that are 800 watts with a 800 watt ppi amp,and a jvc kamealon head unit,all brand new, in my convertable, if u are looking for good clean bass, and a hole lot of it, this is a nice set, up, i am also selling it,$400 for everything
            1998 black convertible camaro<br />rasied air box,free ram air , colored inter knobs,b&m shift kit, race magnum muffler, 3 1/2 crome tips, no cat,clear turn signals, custom front grill ,neons

Comment

hey, I might have something you would be interested....ever heard of the new triangle shaped bass tubes from bazooka? I still have one new in the box if you are interested. Its 400 watts max and ported through all 3 sides of the box. I have heard a couple and am very impressed myself, if you are interested shoot me a email. If not it goes on ebay! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Comment

:D and here's a response from someone who isn't trying to sell you one:

I don't like them that much personally. They do produce more bass. They play sloppy and they're only effecient for a very small range of frequency. It's similar to a pipe organ in how they work. They're great as a one note wonder, but when making a more broad sound to cover where the monsoon leave off you're probably not going to be that far ahead of the Monsoon, you're just going to duplicate and reinforce some of the low end sound that is already played through the 6.5
                "subs" in the b-pillar. Either the MTX or JL stealth box or the Milhouse would be a far better choice. It's a little bit more money, but they're way better off for what you'll end up with.

HTH [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Mike<br />\'99 Z28 LS1 (383 in the works) M6<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/\" target=\"_blank\">stereo pics</a> Almost sold, the amps are still for sale - make an offer.<br /><a href=\"http://members.fbody.com/drmilhouse/paypal.html\" target=\"_blank\">Help Mike pay for his engine. Every dollar helps!</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X