stock system no rca jacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock system no rca jacks?

hey ok i got 98 v6 bird with stock head unit, i got 4 10s and amp got all setup, but dont know how to connect to the stock cd player? THe baby blue wire turns on amp, the stock head unit has no rca jacks? What do i do please help someone? AND HURRY!!!!

You'll need some type of adaptor(I think it's called an rca jack adaptor) you can get from any local audio dealer, Best Buy or Circuit City. I'm sure someone on here knows exactly what its called. But if it was me, I'd go out and buy a aftermarket head unit, it'll make a hugh differnce. It's well worth it.
    1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

Line output convertor (LOC)
      Red 96' A4 Firebird
      Audio Audio and Autotek
      Check it out here!

Comment

you can get and addaptor..but there is not point...get a Panasonic or alpin etc etc etc...after market deck. The signal from the stock deck to the addaptor will be terrible. and you amps with Square wave (bad) so it will sound like crap and damage your Components

Comment

Also a Pac-oem 1 will work. That's a plug and play adapter that gives you 2 pairs of rca outputs. I'm keeping my factory cd player as well. It's not for money reasons or anthing like that. Just to have the appearance that I DON'T have a system in my car. Had bad experiances with my 3rd gens.
          1997 Camaro RS Convertible<br />White w/black top, factory chrome rims <p>Mods so far: Borla catback, Catco high flow cat,CAI,2 point STB,painted calipers and drums with caliper camaro decals,GTS blackout all the around,5% tinted windows all the way around,Streetglow red neon lights inside and under, raised camaro fill in decals on the rear, 30th anv decals, and a nice stereo system<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=275528\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=275528</a>

Comment

Cole is right, get a new deck. I just got rid of my stock deck and LOC and my system sounds 10 times better!!!
            2001 Maple Red Firebird, no ops<br />Whisper lid, K&N Air Filter<br />MBQuarts, PPI and a 10\" JL Audio<br />\"Shockwave\" decal<br />-- I\'m just getting started :) --

Comment

I have the stock unit, its not as terrible as everybody makes it out to seem. I run 1200w to two 12's, along with zony xplod speakers in the rest of the car. It sound fine. I'd rather have an aftermarket unit, but I hate the way single din units look in our dashes, and I dont like any of the din and a half units out there. I use a line out converter on the rear speakers.
              All gone :(<br />Best ET ever: 14.3 (I think)<br />----------------------------<br />Check out my site for exhaust clips, burnouts, and pictures, and the supercharger throttle body mod.<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/net_addict/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">Click on the Firebird</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X