Cap readings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap readings

I just installed a h.o. alt, and before the swap my cap was reading in the 12's at idle. After putting in a 180 amp alt with 2 gauge wiring, it's reading a constant 15.1 at idle. Is this too much?
    2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Nah man its good my cap reads 14.8 at idle.

It will be fine, on cold mornings when i first crank the car the cap has read 15.9-16.1 :eek: But on the regular it stays at around 14.

Comment

I just wanted to be sure nothing was screwed up in my electrical system. I had read posts of people who had run up in the low 14's, and I just wanted to be sure it was somewhat normal for it to run that high.
      2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Mine is 13.8-14 at idle with the stock alternator, so I hope yours reads higher :D

What kind of cap did you get?
        <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about anything under 16V.
          Red 96' A4 Firebird
          Audio Audio and Autotek
          Check it out here!

Comment

It's a Mobile Authority 1 farad cap with the digital readout on top.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              5 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X