How to wire a switch remote for amp? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to wire a switch remote for amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to wire a switch remote for amp?

Hi, I have a Orion 10" HCCA sub in m car powered by a MTX 250x amp. I would like to install a switch so i can the sub on and off. Well, I went to auto parts store and picked up a few switches. I wired up the switch which had a terminal for a positive connection, a ground connection, and a accessory connection. The switch worked, but when i turned the switch to off, it would kill the sound completely(all the speakers(no sound) instead of killing the sub. How would I install a switch to turn the sub on and off?

Easy one. Just wire the switch into your remote turn on lead for the amp. (Usually thin blue wire)
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

Just one question, Why?
      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
        Just one question, Why?<hr></blockquote>

Agreed. Isn't it much easier, just to turn the bass down from the deck??

1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RSFireDog:

Isn't it much easier, just to turn the bass down from the deck??

<hr></blockquote>

i would think a flip of a switch would be a hell of alot easier
          1993 Camaro 3.4L M5<br />WW F-1 GFX, WW 3-pc Spoiler, Moroso CAI, Ripper, 3\" Pacesetter Cat-Back, EGR SunGuard, Taillight Blackouts, Clear Corners, Custom Painted 3rd Brake Light & Sidemarkers,<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=384945\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain site</a> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/grgrycamaro93-date\" target=\"_blank\">WebShots</a> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/grgrycamaro93/Home.html\" target=\"_blank\">Yahoo Web Site</a>

Comment

It's much easier to just flip the switch, I still have the factory radio and i installed my switch in the ashtray so i can turn it off when i dont feel like beating
            Its only Forced Induction if she Accepts it

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GrGryCamaro93:

i would think a flip of a switch would be a hell of alot easier
              <hr></blockquote>

Hmmm...go through the trouble of wiring a switch, or just use a feature thats already there..
              1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

I think it would be cool to have a switch in the center concole under the cigarette lighter to turn the bass on and off. I tried to wire the switch into the remote lead, but like I said, when i turn it off, it turns off all the speakers, so there is no sound. I don't know what is wrong. Please help! Thanx.

-Teele

Comment

I have a switch up front for my amp. Wouldn't have it any other way. That way I can demo to ppl without going thru all the dumb menus on the hu. So much easier IMO.

Comment

Well, I got a new switch, and figured out how to wire it and it works. I'll post a pic when im finished. It is gonna look so pimp. Peace.

-Teele

Comment

if you ask "why not turn it down from your deck" then your system is not as "demanding" as mine.
                      when you have a Loud system (150db+) you can't durn it down fast enough in time for (cops, angree nieghbors, down town bussness area) and on top of that, it is fast and easy way to listen to music - the bass. I was running amps that demanded so much power (yes, just being on) i had to shut my subbs off 10 mins before getting to were i was going. if i did not want to have a jump start...with the switch i could still listen to music and not have my amps running.

to install a switch it is ez...12volt power line from battery,ciggarettelighter,deck power ets etc etc.... to toggle switch to remote in amp.

Comment

can't you just turn your sub off at your head unit? I know with both of my Premier head units I can (840MP & 940MP)
                        2000 Firehawk #009

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cole:
                          when you have a Loud system (150db+) you can't durn it down fast enough in time for (cops, angree nieghbors, down town bussness area) <hr></blockquote>

Your H/U doesn't have a mute or att. button? :D I see a cop, I press att. When I pass him, crank it back up! :D

And your alt. is obviously lacking.....

[ February 14, 2003: Message edited by: 96firebird311 ]</p>
                          Red 96' A4 Firebird
                          Audio Audio and Autotek
                          Check it out here!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96firebird311:

Your H/U doesn't have a mute or att. button? :D I see a cop, I press att. When I pass him, crank it back up! :D

And your alt. is obviously lacking.....

[ February 14, 2003: Message edited by: 96firebird311 ]
                            <hr></blockquote>

It's more than his alternator.

I have a remote gain on my crossover. I love having a knob to be able to turn up an down the bass. It makes it so much easier to adjust the bass then having to go into the HU menu.
                            <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X