Double to single DIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double to single DIN

I took out my original radio and want to put in the pioneer I have (9000+ something) + DSP which sounds great but I have a little problem.. The original radio is quite big as you know it's double din where normal radios are single din so the original is about twice as high as the pioneer.

You guys know any online shop to order a convertor from double to single din ? Or some sort of an adapter to fit it in there ?
    ===================<br />One day you\'ll know

you can find one at any car audio shop. the original is a 1.5 din and your new one is 1. I got mine from Best Buy. There are pictures of mine on page 2 of my website listed in sig.

[ February 09, 2003: Message edited by: whiteshark ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

Crutchfield should have them. www.crutchfield.com
      1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

Hey thanks a lot for those !

Really, they may have them in every car shop in the US, but in Belgium they have nothing :-/

I'm look at as a stranger when I ask for parts etc for my firebird.. they never have anything here..

Anyway thanks a lot for those !

Comment

Hmm I couldn't find such thing on www.crutchfield.com ... any other site that could offer this in mind ?

Comment

Actually it isnt double din it is 1.5 din.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by naptown:
              Actually it isnt double din it is 1.5 din.<hr></blockquote>

YAYAYAYAY! I JUST HIT 900!!!!!!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tutin:
                Hmm I couldn't find such thing on www.crutchfield.com ... any other site that could offer this in mind ?<hr></blockquote>

Crutchfield does sell them. But you can go to ANY place that install car audio. They are VERY common. No need to order over the net.
                Red 96' A4 Firebird
                Audio Audio and Autotek
                Check it out here!

Comment

Guys I don't live in the US and here they aren't common at all ! Seriously I asked in about 10 shops and they don't have anything that would fit a firebird :-/

I searched and searched on crutchfield but cant find those.. Could anyone please point me to a product ?

Comment

Well if you want to pay me somehow I can pick one up at walmart and male it to you

The kits are made by a company called SCOSCHE
                    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Tutin I understand what you are saying, I goto europe every summer and I have trouble finding a lot of products there that are everyday products here in the Americas.

To wire your new Pioneer Deck you will need two things.

1) Wiring Harness to Factory GM Harness.
                      You can order from this link, it roughly around 4.75 Euros (5USD)

Link: http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...&o=m&a=1&cc=01

2) 1.5 to 1 DIN Adapter to mount your new Head Unit.

Price is 10Euros, (12USD). You can order at this link:

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...&o=m&a=1&cc=01

Hope this helps.

-Silicuda

Comment

Just call crutchfield. They will be happy to help you! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                        Red 96' A4 Firebird
                        Audio Audio and Autotek
                        Check it out here!

Comment

Silicuda thanks enormously a lot !

Man I went to a garage that said "could" eventually work something out for my car for the low price of around 150 euros.. LOL compared to the 12 euros in the US [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again, that was the answer i needed [img]smile.gif[/img]

See you !
                          tutin

Comment

Anytime mate [img]smile.gif[/img] Go European Fbodiers!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Tutin.... please put a valid e-mail address visible in your profile. If you do not and an administartor sees it your account will be removed, no questions asked.

Thanks!

-Mike
                              <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X