Infinity kappa vs CDT CL's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinity kappa vs CDT CL's

Ok i have a convertable and i would like to know which brand would be the best option for crystal clear yet semi loud audio. my only onter option is to go with the CDT HD EF components for the front and the cl 5.25 full range for the back. what would you guys suggest.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Id say just go with the HD's in the front and you'll be very happy. Putting the cl's in the backs will throw off imaging IMHO. If you want the rear fill I would go with the CL 6x's for midbass.

Matt

[ February 09, 2004: Message edited by: Freeser ]</p>
    \'93 Red 3.4L Camaro<br />Engine: Jet II, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK, Accel Wires, Iridium Plugs, Flowmaster, ASP U/D, 180 Thermo, much more...<br /><br />\'98 Z28 Vert Triple Black A4 Stock for now<br />34000 Miles<br /><br />Not enough room in the sig for my stereo.

Comment

thanks for all the help.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

would the cl 3 ways sound better than the infinity kappa components though? cause www.thezeb.com has the cl 3way set on sale for only 250! that seems like a friggin awsome deal.

Comment

would the cl 3 ways sound better than the infinity kappa components though? cause www.thezeb.com has the cl 3way set on sale for only 250! that seems like a friggin awsome deal.

Comment

The 3-ways CAN sound better if properly installed. You would probably need some kick panels though and the install to be done professionally. Stick with the 2-ways. You'll get just about the same sound and spend a lot less $$$ installing them.

P.S. If you did get the 3-ways, and didn't install them right....they'd sound terrible!
            Eclipse 8443, CDT ES-620s in doors (Clarion APX401.2), IEK, CDT 6X in rear(HU), Image Dynamics ID10v.3D.4 in stealthbox(Clarion DPX1001.2)<br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33</a><br />borla cat-back, FTRA, whisper lid

Comment

nah go with - Infinity Kappa Perfect - componet's best sound i have heard to date
              www.turbov6camaro.com
              1997 3800 Series II Camaro
              4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
              7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
              11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by viper04af:
                nah go with - Infinity Kappa Perfect - componet's best sound i have heard to date<hr></blockquote>

Cmon now CDT HD's will blow perfects out of the water.

[ February 10, 2004: Message edited by: Freeser ]</p>
                \'93 Red 3.4L Camaro<br />Engine: Jet II, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK, Accel Wires, Iridium Plugs, Flowmaster, ASP U/D, 180 Thermo, much more...<br /><br />\'98 Z28 Vert Triple Black A4 Stock for now<br />34000 Miles<br /><br />Not enough room in the sig for my stereo.

Comment

i was under the influence that the cdt 3ways came with 2 crossovers. one for the 4" and 1" and one for the 6.5. so i was thinking the 4" and 1" could go in my front kick panels (i have a 2001 firebird so it comes with the kicks) and the 6.5's in the rear. is this not how they work? and im not wanting to spend over 350 for all of my components.

Comment

although i have heard of people doing this, it's not supposed to be done like that. All 3 are supposed to be in the front...hence the q-logic kicks you would need.
                    Eclipse 8443, CDT ES-620s in doors (Clarion APX401.2), IEK, CDT 6X in rear(HU), Image Dynamics ID10v.3D.4 in stealthbox(Clarion DPX1001.2)<br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/larryfirebird33</a><br />borla cat-back, FTRA, whisper lid

Comment

Imaging a 3 way component system is a tough task. I'd say go with the 2way HD's, but if you really wanna go with a three way setup then go to fbodyaudio.com. The guys over there will give you excellent insight as to how to located your drivers and tweeters. Also there are some experienced fiberglasser over there that can fabricate so kick panels or tweeter mounts for you. The kick panels that they make are much MUCH nicer than q-logic kicks.

Matt

Comment

how much are those kick panels, i have never seen them before.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by T-Punk:
                          how much are those kick panels, i have never seen them before.<hr></blockquote>

Browse through this gallery and you can see how many of these guy installed their 3 way setups. I'm not really sure as to the price they will charge you to fab some up, but you can register and shoot them a PM and they will let you know. Take a look at Ray's (Blknite01) he spent 3 day imaging the mids and they turned out very nice IMO. Also have a look at Mike's (DJSexay), he is a professional and competes in SQ competitions.

http://www.fbodyaudio.com/gallery/

Matt

[ February 10, 2004: Message edited by: Freeser ]</p>

Comment

i have kappa components, they sound great. the kappa perfects were too much though!!
                            mcG<br />aim=endlive<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/endlive\" target=\"_blank\">97 firebird</a> ~ wrecked

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                              New Owner!
                              by LETZRIDE
                              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                              3 days ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Little work today
                              by ssms5411
                              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • LETZRIDE
                              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X