specs for box...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• specs for box...

Im planning on building my own box and need the specs. Basically I want a drop in box angled up toward the glass. Its gonna house two JL 10w3s. I plan on putting a separating panel on the inside of the box because Ive heard if one sub hits faster than the other it can cause the other to go out too. But drop in trunk area angled to the glass. Id like to see some pics of some made like this, Ive seen them everywhere.
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Brett Garret:
    Ive heard if one sub hits faster than the other it can cause the other to go out too. <hr></blockquote>
    Hits "faster"???
    Red 96' A4 Firebird
    Audio Audio and Autotek
    Check it out here!

Comment

OUT OF SYNC ace...

[ February 05, 2003: Message edited by: Brett Garret ]</p>
      <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Brett Garret:
        [QBIve heard if one sub hits faster than the other it can cause the other to go out too. [/QB]<hr></blockquote>

This has some truth to it. I still don't know why one sub would hit "out of sync". You need to divide the box if:
        A)one sub is used/older then the other(s)
        B)if one is getting more power then the other(s)
        C)if one is crossed over at a different freq. then the other(s)

I see in your sig that you have a W3 in a stealth box already. You are just adding another one correct? In your case you WILL need to divide the box into two equal chambers. Are you looking for the actual measurements of the hatch area? Or do you just want to know how big you should make each chamber? Sealed or Ported.....ace?

[ February 05, 2003: Message edited by: 96firebird311 ]</p>
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

Measurements of hatch area, sealed and thats it. Just a sealed box angled at the glass.

Comment

Hey here's you a pic of my old set up. They are two JL W6's. They thumped hard. It is a custom built sealed box. Went to they Kicker Solo Baric L7's and they are louder. But JL's are still some good subs. I still have the box, just sitting in the junk room along with a stealth box with a 10 inch JLW3(the stealth box isn't mine, but the guy wants to sell it)The box for the 2 12's fits tight in the back.

[ February 08, 2003: Message edited by: O2Bsogood ]</p>
            1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

it is not that simple...what Hz(frequency) do you want?
              are you going for sound qulity or LOUD
              what is your speakers rms power...how many watts are you running?
              what do your speakes Resonate at?
              there are like 20 more ?'s
              then you input al that int a JBL program that tells you the dimentions.
              this is for perfection. and will make your result 2 3 4 5 times louder litteraly. it all depends on how far you want to go with this.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X