L7's??? Should I even think of getting them? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L7's??? Should I even think of getting them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L7's??? Should I even think of getting them?

Proly gonna start a giant opinion poll here, but I've been thinking about getting a pair of Solo-baric L7's for my camaro (10's or 12's) as well as a well box from subthump... Anyone have any experience with the L7's, especially in an f-body??? I've read only amazing reviews on them but everyone I talk to says they're terrible?
    Anything else in that price range anyone would suggest? Kappa perfects, type r's???? Oh btw, I'll be pushing them with an MTX 1501D!
    97 camaro<br />2 Kicker S12 L5\'s in custom well box<br />MTX 1501D<br />2 Farad Digital Cap<br />Pioneer deh-p640<br />CDT CL-61A<br />Infinity fills<br />(adding another amp and CDT fills soon!)

Btw, I'm looking more for SPL, but I also don't want something that hits really hard but sounds like crap.
    97 camaro<br />2 Kicker S12 L5\'s in custom well box<br />MTX 1501D<br />2 Farad Digital Cap<br />Pioneer deh-p640<br />CDT CL-61A<br />Infinity fills<br />(adding another amp and CDT fills soon!)

Comment

They sound great, that's what I've had in my car for a while now. I've never heard two 12's that loud, even everyone that hears them can't believe they are as loud as they are. I replaced my JL w6's with the L7's and the kickers are quite a bit louder. And they are in a crappy prefab box. They are boomy and make great SPL speakers, I give them [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
      1999 Silverado- Bagged, colormatched and rollin on stock chrome 16\'s<br />Make love not war, hell do both, get married

Comment

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] go for it. The L7's are a good lil' SPL sub for the money.

Matt

[ February 07, 2004: Message edited by: Freeser ]</p>
        \'93 Red 3.4L Camaro<br />Engine: Jet II, Pacesetters, K&N FIPK, Accel Wires, Iridium Plugs, Flowmaster, ASP U/D, 180 Thermo, much more...<br /><br />\'98 Z28 Vert Triple Black A4 Stock for now<br />34000 Miles<br /><br />Not enough room in the sig for my stereo.

Comment

I have a pair of 10L7s in my camaro. My 10s are louder than any 12s I've had previously, but I would suggest the 12s anyway. If you're looking for pure SPL, then definately go for it. ;)

Comment

K, so I'm getting a good response on the L7's...Now I'm gonna ask another related question...(might post a new topic, we'll see)
            If I'm spending all this money on 2 L7 12'S, custom box, MTX 1501D, cap, etc.... I currently have a boss (BV500) in dash screen. Love the screen and PS2 in the car, problem is the sound quality and more important the sound shaping functions on this thing are NIL...is there anything out there eq or line level/bass level boost wise that'll be able to get some quality back into my bass tone? Or am I really better off sellig the screen and going back to like a pioneer 6400MP cd player??? I'm really kinda worried I'm wasting my money here on all my sub stuff.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X