LIghts dimming out???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIghts dimming out???

Ok, whenever my woofers hit, my lights dim out, or flicker very fast. Even when they are on low. I have had a couple of cases where my black lights blew out when the woofers hit? What do I do about this?????? I have gone threw lik 4 sets of black lights, thank god streetglow has a guaronte.
    My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

Sounds like you need a 1/2 or 1 farad cap [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ February 02, 2003: Message edited by: silicuda ]</p>

Comment

upgrade your ground wire from the battery to the engine block and also upgrade the wire from the alt to the battery it should help out
      97 \'maro 3.8L with magana flow exhaust and K&N air filter

Comment

Sounds like you need another battery, not a cap. Caps only supply a burst of power, not continous, solving your problem for a second or two. Batteries supply continous voltage. The ideal setup is a battery and a cap.
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

My lights dim out sometimes and I have a stock moonsoon.
          Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

hey I'm new to the board is my first post but I definately have an answer to your solution. I had the same problem with my explorer what you could also do is add another alternator in your engine bay. Your sound system is too powerful for one alternator so its draining the power out of ur lighting system. Take your car down to any audio shop and they should be able to do the job easily. You're just gonna need to buy an adapter. [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]
            \"I\'m not bsing you its a v6\" -------&gt; (don\'t you just love it when you have to say that)

Comment

If you listen to anyone on this thread, listen to me. I have 2 18"s, 3000 watt amp, 6 farad cap, spare optima battery. I had 2 batteries and my lights would still dim, so getting another battery or a bigger alternator is not going to "cure" ur problem. You need a capacitor. I wouldnt recomend anything less than 1. Depending on how much juice ur pulling. But with my 6 farad cap on mine, I have NEVER seen my lights dim , not even ONCE. Go on ebay and buy ur cap there..you can get them supahella cheap

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by grndlvl:
                upgrade your ground wire from the battery to the engine block and also upgrade the wire from the alt to the battery it should help out<hr></blockquote>

Agreed [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

If you guys read his sig, he has a 280W amp, powering one 12". A second alternator, Second battery, or even a cap won't do anything for you. Go back and read the threads about what Cap's actually do, rather then me trying to explain it, but all three of those options are going to be a waste of money. Try replace your cables and make sure you have a good ground.

Also, you might want to look into checking out your alternator, it might have too high of a load with all the crap you have hooked up to your electrical system, so investing in an alternator with a larger amperage rating wouldnt be a bad idea either.
                1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

I'm with Bigtymer, you need a cap pimp... [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                  -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

Is one brand of cap better than another?? They have ALOT of stuff on ebay. Digital better?
                    My 1996 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/mustangkiller311</a> \"Its out-dated\"<br />Mods=SLP CAI, 3.42/LSD, 180*, BMR StrutBrace,SLP Take-Off Shocks/Springs, Z28Swaybar, DynomaxSuperTurbo,3in pipes,Catco3in,3in Cutout ThrottleBody Spacer, SolidDriveShaft,NGKplugs, Taylor8mmWires,ZR1 rims, RS Spoiler,WhiteFacedGuages.<br />Stereo= Pioneer DEH-P8400MP, Custom Subthump enclosure, 2 BlouPunkt 12\'s, JL 500/1, Fosgate speakers, 1FaradCap.<p>NEW 1997 FireBird Formula WS6

Comment

Oh my god...I can't believe this is being posted...ugh...
                      1999 C5<br />2000 Ford Lightning<br /><i>Don\'t hate me because I\'m awesome</i>

Comment

you don't need a cap! upgrade your ground cable from the batt to the block and your dimming problem will be fixed
                        97 \'maro 3.8L with magana flow exhaust and K&N air filter

Comment

the "digital" just means its going to have a little digial meter on it that shows the voltage that it s gettin or % full and junk. It will not affect how well it works. so Basicly its for looks. look

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14932

is wut i bought.... they are 275 at the stereo shop around the corner from my place....

Comment

althought for ur system... 6 farads would be overduring it... u can get taht for the price of most 1 farads.... and the best part ,u can say " i have a 6 farad cap" heh.....

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Big Tymer:
                              althought for ur system... 6 farads would be overduring it... u can get taht for the price of most 1 farads.... and the best part ,u can say " i have a 6 farad cap" heh.....<hr></blockquote>

You're gonna be wasting your moneeeeeyyyyyy......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X